Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cheap X-jet alternative

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JBC

Any ideas if this could be used like an x-jet. I have a big patio to clean next week, just can't spend the £200 on and x-jet. I was hoping to purchase this if I could pop it by the gun (dont want hypo going thru my hose.)

I know the draw wont be close to an x-jet but it would only be used to post treat after a pressure clean.

Cheers

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Apologies for jumping on your thread but someone recently mentioned the xJet M5. I’ve had a look at them online and I’m not entirely sure what they do and why I’d want one?

Would appreciate any pointers, and indeed if what you’ve found is a decent priced alternative.

Apologies for jumping on your thread but someone recently mentioned the xJet M5. I’ve had a look at them online and I’m not entirely sure what they do and why I’d want one?

Would appreciate any pointers, and indeed if what you’ve found is a decent priced alternative.
I believe the X-jet comes with a number of coloured inserts that determine the mix ratio. The one @JBC linked to is an adjustable mix ratio that doesn't seem to have any indications what % mix you are using.

I believe the X-jet comes with a number of coloured inserts that determine the mix ratio. The one @JBC linked to is an adjustable mix ratio that doesn't seem to have any indications what % mix you are using.
Cheers. Not sure why I’d need one though. It was suggested in a thread earlier that it would speed up the process but I’m not sure how. I spray hypo from a pressurised backpack and the longest part of the process is then waiting for it to soak so I’m not sure what advantage I would gain by having one unless I was trying to cover vast areas of course which I generally don’t need to.

Many thanks.

Cheers. Not sure why I’d need one though. It was suggested in a thread earlier that it would speed up the process but I’m not sure how. I spray hypo from a pressurised backpack and the longest part of the process is then waiting for it to soak so I’m not sure what advantage I would gain by having one unless I was trying to cover vast areas of course which I generally don’t need to.

Many thanks.
Yes that is a great way to apply chems ?

I have a commercial property where I clean a massive patio each year, the backpack (gardiners) which i normally use just takes too long!

Anywho I bite the bullet and went for the x-jet. I will report back my findings ?

Yes that is a great way to apply chems ?

I have a commercial property where I clean a massive patio each year, the backpack (gardiners) which i normally use just takes too long!

Anywho I bite the bullet and went for the x-jet. I will report back my findings ?
Cheers. Be interested to hear how you get on.

Hi Chaps,

I said I would check back in.

I went for rutland pumps prochem The Pro-Foam Chemical Nozzle Mini Q/R

Its basically an x-jet but with a more controlled application, and very foamy!

The time it saves is significant! Last year I cleaned this big patio and had to refill my gardiner backpack up a couple of times, each time mixing the hypo 4-1. This year with the x-jet, it took me less than 10 minutes with no mixing!

Definitely worth it if you have some large areas to cover!

Attachments

• IMG_20220422_123619.jpg
    IMG_20220422_123619.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 37
love my x-jet though I do find controlling the spray at times very difficult. Unless it's a big area I tend not to use it. But on the whole, where it's 'safe' to use, it's brilliant. If it had a little more control it would be perfect, maybe what JBC has suggested would be the item to try.

Hi Chaps,

I said I would check back in.

I went for rutland pumps prochem The Pro-Foam Chemical Nozzle Mini Q/R

Its basically an x-jet but with a more controlled application, and very foamy!

The time it saves is significant! Last year I cleaned this big patio and had to refill my gardiner backpack up a couple of times, each time mixing the hypo 4-1. This year with the x-jet, it took me less than 10 minutes with no mixing!

Definitely worth it if you have some large areas to cover!
Can see myself ordering one of those when I send in an order to Rutland in next few weeks. Might be handy when cleaning conservatories which I'm doing tomorrow.

could you let me know how you get on with it please. If it's easier to control than the x-jet it's something I will buy. Thanks
Yes, I will try and get a video of it in use next week for you, @Herm
Ok but how does pressure and flow rate from the washer affect it ? Does the nozzle restrict the flow ?
You buy the x-jet which matches your machines lpm. I turned the revs down on my washer when I used it. The M5 X-jet has a twist nozzle, a bit like a vario lance (nowhere near that pressure tho). The profoam version rutland pumps sell doesn't have the option to adjust the fan but it does help control application on a horizontal surface (that's all I am going to use it for. Across the pond they use x-jets for house washing etc, shooting bleach into the sky)

Stupid question I’m sure but I assume that the attachment doesn’t in some way foam the hypo solution but does a ‘foamier’ job of spraying it around when mixed with a surfactant? A bit like a car snow-foam attachment???

Stupid question I’m sure but I assume that the attachment doesn’t in some way foam the hypo solution but does a ‘foamier’ job of spraying it around when mixed with a surfactant? A bit like a car snow-foam attachment???
Drum of hypo with 500ml of surfactant in it and stir. I think the nozzle creates the venturi effect and draws the hypo into the jet of water which mixes together.

Video of the profoam in action, (I'm not a professional cameraman as you can tell)

After a few jobs I have to say altho it is a lot of money, it does speed the process up considerably and it's a tool I'm glad to have.

excellent, thank you JCB. Would you say it's easier to control than an x-jet?

excellent, thank you JCB. Would you say it's easier to control than an x-jet?
i find the x-jet so easy to control @Herm even in tight/small areas you may have set yours up differently to mine i don't know.
in the above video you see jcb spraying holding the hypo drum in one hand, this is not the safest way to do this at all, imagine if he slipped or tripped on all that surfactant and that drum spilled out all over him a&e calls and a fair few visits to get the burns re-dressed, you tube is full of people doing it this way and facebook has a fair few mentions of people having accidents using this method, ben supplies a five metre hose and a valve to shut the hypo on and off for a reason, you would ideally place the drum in the middle of the space needing spraying and work outwards giving you a ten metre radius turning the valve on or off when needed thats what its there for, for safety your safety. i saw no 5 metre hose or a valve in that video.

Back