Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Top an bottom

Pointless.

I run the blade over some peoples main window. Old people who look out. Saves them looking at water for a few hours

I wfp everything pretty much. If I'm going to wfp a door then I'll knock for the money before I do it otherwise water will drip all over the customer's floor when they open the door.

I used to trad bottoms to save water but I found the results were quicker and easier to wfp the whole lot after a while.

Re first cleans I followed the advice I read on here this week and went and bought an extra spray bottle, filled with degreaser, and spray on brush, then go over windows, especially the top above openings, wait a few mins while you do the others, then rinse like a madman till there's no more bubbles. I used to tell people there may be a few drips after the first time but now I walk away confident.

If you really want to save water get small jets and a univalve

I still trad a lot of bottoms

I just love tradding and it doesn't take any longer really on regular work

I used to trad bottoms to save water but I found the results were quicker and easier to wfp the whole lot after a while.

Re first cleans I followed the advice I read on here this week and went and bought an extra spray bottle, filled with degreaser, and spray on brush, then go over windows, especially the top above openings, wait a few mins while you do the others, then rinse like a madman till there's no more bubbles. I used to tell people there may be a few drips after the first time but now I walk away confident.

If you really want to save water get small jets and a univalve
Thanks mate, have a univalve an all, cant wait to get started in the morning.

You love the tradding davey lol

Do you use much pure a day davey?

I wfp everything pretty much. If I'm going to wfp a door then I'll knock for the money before I do it otherwise water will drip all over the customer's floor when they open the door.

What a good idea. :5_thumbsup:

After 12 years doing wfp I haven't thought of doing it that way. :4_joy:

My son gets frustrated with me as one of the first things he does is cleans the front door so the door has pretty much stopped dripping by the time he finishes washing the rest of the windows. I get to the front door toward the end of the clean and usually dry it off with a towel before knocking.

That's going to be a bit of a challenge to change that habit. :1_wink:

Must say sometimes wfp Is slower on big panes bottom . Love wfp still , but wont hesitate tradding If its quicker . Anything upstairs is always wfp any day ..

if on a wfp day (still do a fair bit of trad work, breaks up the week) ill wfp everything unless waters running low, then ill trad bottoms

What a good idea. :5_thumbsup:

After 12 years doing wfp I haven't thought of doing it that way. :4_joy:

My son gets frustrated with me as one of the first things he does is cleans the front door so the door has pretty much stopped dripping by the time he finishes washing the rest of the windows. I get to the front door toward the end of the clean and usually dry it off with a towel before knocking.

That's going to be a bit of a challenge to change that habit. :1_wink:

I do like these forums for this. I've got my system fine tuned now and much of it is down to tips from others sharing experiences. And I do still forget on occasion and find myself mopping down a door before I knock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back