'Check a Trade'..or your local authority equiv. IS IT WORTH IT?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Jimbo, Sep 29, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jimbo

Jimbo Guest

Who checks you? Who checks you for what? How can they be sure????????
    More importantly....at least to me........
    Who are they ? What are they? If it wasn't for the £175 they want for a poxy vinyl badge then i could be anybody.
    How can I be sure? ...well i am sure,,,i can trust meself ....it's them that worries me.....
    Trust or rust ?

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Lots of tradesmen put in a pit and forced to fight it out in a giant price war....fk that. Customers giving thier opinions on your performance for all to see....fk that. Paying for the privilage....FK OFF!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Jimbo

Jimbo Guest

EXACTLY BROTHER !!!!!!!!
    Come forth you squinty eyed betrayers of the grey scrim...........
    SHOW YOUR TRUE SELVES !!!!!!!!!!

4. Jimbo

Jimbo Guest

.....sorry i mean't to add.....HAHAHAHAHAHA ( menacing tone from stage right)

5. TolishAPurd

Feedback is bad enough on ebay, can you imagine some little ***** canyoujuster holding your feedback to ransom because you didnt remove the birds nest from the gutter while you were doing a £12 window clean.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Jimbo

Jimbo Guest

#6 Jimbo, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2015
    Thank you Brother Purd....just a shame there's not an icon on this site for violent,informative and creative optimism. Biggles .....Flies Undone.

7. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Lol at not wanting customers to give an opinion for all to see. Thats what I want, I want them to preach at how good my work is! :D

Pretty sure you choose who can give you feedback as you have to give them a card, so you just wouldn't give it to the idiot customers. I can see the benefit of those sites from a customers perspective as how do they know who to use without a recommendation... well I could if they were real and not fixed and if everyone didn't have 9+ ratings because no arsey or unsatified customer will get given a card therefore rendering it totally pointless. It is also proper expensive and not worth it for a low pay per job like a window cleaner with the upfront cost and cut they take, I know alot of people who use then for other tradesman though.

8. TolishAPurd

That aint how it works signor Bump. Customers put jobs they want doing on the site- description and pic. Tradesmen come along and bid on said job. Customer looks at prices and feedback and pics a contractor. Once you have done the job, they rate you a bit like ebay.

I signed up many moons ago for my plastering and handyman business free for a month. Heres a few observations;

Most of the tradesmen are inexperienced, young, keen...and no idea how to price a job....but what does it matter, since they are still living at home with mum. Why is it only inexperienced? ...because the ones that have experience have already built up a customer base and good word of mouth, they don't need it.

Its one huge price war. The ones with the low feedback will put in stupidly low bids just to get the job and build their profile. This brings down the 'going rate' for everyone.

The whole site works on the assumption that tradesmen are all scumbags and cheats, and as such should be regulated/rated publicly for all to see. ...but where is the rating for the customers? How do I decide if I want to work for that person? How do I know that something vital hasnt been left out of the description- safety related/bad access/the electric cable that was buried where you are digging and the customer not sure where it is....but wont mention it so as not to raise the price.

Your feedback is very important to you, and the customer knows this, so they can hold you to ransom making you perform all manner of canyoujusts, safe in the knowledge that the ball is well and truly in there court. Just like marriage, the best and most healthy relationships are a 50/50 power split.

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Just like MARRIAGE
    you mean the 80/10 power split in favour of the woman while convincing yourself you're really in charge lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. TolishAPurd

Your maths is about as good as mine dave.:D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
Advertisement