Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump Issues

Hi guys,

So I had a van system fitted a few of weeks ago. There was some problems with them sending the wrong pole and then the connectors holding the pipe inside the pole were faulty, so after having a pole stolen in the post, new (wrong) connectors sent and all the other problems, today was my first day out using my new equipment. I turned up and my first clients home and none of it would work. I rang them and they talked me through re-calibrating the pumps. Pump no.1 now works. However pump no.2 is completely dead, don't make a sound. Nothing is happening. They said it sounds like a massive air lock as the pump hasn't been properly (can't remember the term he used) so he told me to try and suck the water out until enough goes through the pump to get it going. Does this sound right to you? Do you know what it could be? And yes the neighbours now call me a hose sucker /emoticons/smile.png

Thanks for your help

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
you've probably blown an inline fuse.is the power light on your controller coming on?
Hi Thanks for responding. Yes, it all lights up says that its at 30 but the pump isn't doing a thing. I think they said it may not have been primed so I had to try and get the water running through it to prime it! I don't know, it just seemed knackered to me.

Put pump on full. Check water is goin in to it .. Do u have a strainer on the. In water ? Also check the 2 wires goin into the pump connections r right

Put pump on full. Check water is goin in to it .. Do u have a strainer on the. In water ? Also check the 2 wires goin into the pump connections r right
Thanks, yes the water is in the pipe, I was able to suck it out which would be impossible unless it just on the other side of the connector. The strainer is 3/4 full of clean water and all the valves are in the right direction, though I haven't checked any wiring.

Back