Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mr bump, how did you get on...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hey buddy, not got on with it at all yet... I was planning to wire it all in tomorrow, while I rest my sunburn in the shade of the back of the van /emoticons/biggrin.png I need to get some more wire as it won't reach my battery where it is. Can't wait to get using it!

I'm also going to look at taking out my ladder and swapping my 150ltr tank & 2 x 25ltrs for a 3-400ltr tank. I noticed you don't have a ladder in the van, do you just take one with you on the odd days you need one?

Hey buddy, not got on with it at all yet... I was planning to wire it all in tomorrow, while I rest my sunburn in the shade of the back of the van /emoticons/biggrin.png I need to get some more wire as it won't reach my battery where it is. Can't wait to get using it!I'm also going to look at taking out my ladder and swapping my 150ltr tank & 2 x 25ltrs for a 3-400ltr tank. I noticed you don't have a ladder in the van, do you just take one with you on the odd days you need one?
I've always got a ladder on the roof rack, but may not have been on the van in the video as I take it off when driving around outside of work to save fuel! Albeit not much, but every little helps /emoticons/wink.png

Once you've got it going you'll love it, you'll learn to press the button just as you finish rinsing which means the excess water is used to finish the rinse.

Keep me posted!

If anything - it just looks cool, and customers all think it's really 'high tech' /emoticons/wink.png

Wired it all up today. Working great first time which is a shock haha. Unfortunately I only get about a 3m range with the doors shut, going to try wiring it up in the cab behind on the bulkhead tomorrow and see if that increases the range, maybe with the window slightly open. If not I'll see about slapping a magnet on the back. I mostly clean in nice, quiet areas but a few are on a high street or main road and I have the hose out of the bumper anyway, I just plug the hosereel into the bumper and crack on so like to keep the doors shut. It is great though, sure is easier than reaching for a tap on the hose. You can actually hear the click in the box turning if on and off. I hope you don't mind but I'm going to have see if I can order one of those custom lanyards for it! :thumbsup:/emoticons/biggrin.png

How often do you actually use your ladder though, mines inside rather than the roof but I've taken it out today so I can fit another 150ltr tank in to take me up to 300ltr and then I will slide the ladder in the back as and when needed. Hope thats not a bad move, I do use it once a week or so, but I'm hoping to try to never use it again, stupid ladders /emoticons/wink.png

Yeah I think the magnet idea is the best bet mate, there not really designed to work behind the doors, probably won't be much better in the cab...

Yeah custom lanyard is a nice touch! Just google them, can't remember which one I used!

Probably use my ladder on 4 out of 5 days a week as I still trad some houses... Although it's getting less and less !

Spent ages last night trawling google for a lanyard but everywhere seems to want a minimum of 100 ordered.

You still trad houses?! I could understand doing some bottoms only but surely its quicker to wfp than drag a ladder around? Unless of course its hugh hefners gaff in which case I can totally understand the ladder /emoticons/wink.png

Spent ages last night trawling google for a lanyard but everywhere seems to want a minimum of 100 ordered.
You still trad houses?! I could understand doing some bottoms only but surely its quicker to wfp than drag a ladder around? Unless of course its hugh hefners gaff in which case I can totally understand the ladder /emoticons/wink.png
You should be able to order just one, can't remember the website, I'll try and find it later,

I only trad where it actually ends up being faster on certain houses and where the customer refuses wfp due to previous bad experience with wfp...

It works out well as I always tell them 'it'll have to be a bit more for trad'

Cool, cheers dude.

Come on admit it, you still wfp them when your sure they are out /emoticons/wink.png

Cool, cheers dude.
Come on admit it, you still wfp them when your sure they are out /emoticons/wink.png
Ha ha, nah I honestly wouldn't do that, if they came home and saw there windows dripping that'd be it!

You'd get away with it at the moment, ifs so hot half of my water is evaporating before it even hits the glass /emoticons/wink.png

and theres cheapie always knocking on the door fully tradded up ....and then...spying no one in.,...

banana time...love it when we have showers..:whistle:

Back