Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure washing gutters and fascias

J

Jon Grainger

Hey guys

So today I was was working on a bungalow who asked for the gutters and fascias to be done. Even with Virosol, it was a nightmare, just so much rubbish around the brackets, specs of dirt, spiders webs and staining. 

It got me thinking, has anyone used their pressure washer on these low level gutters/fascias? I’ve always thought that using a pressure washer could leak behind the fascias and cause further internal damage. But with the amount of water I was applying to flush out all of the rubbish, it would have been comparable, if not less to use the pressure washer.

Thoughts on this?

Jon

I don't do pressure washing atall mate so probably not the best to give an opinion but It has crossed my mind would it work for gutters but I had the same thoughts as you. There is definitely plenty of brackets I've done that I would love to blast!!

Yes their is a chance of water ingress into loft space and it makes a hell of mess of the neighbour's windows as well can't imagine you would be covered on your insurance if it all went pete tong.

In all honesty if you haven't done many f.s.g's it's not that hard doing with wfp just about technique and using the right amount of virosol as well.

WFP is good enough with some chemical help if needed, stay well away from using a pressure washer on FSG's .

Last edited by a moderator:
We do 3 to 5 sets a week, and use a 1000 psi pressure washer if we're also emptying the gutters. If it's just external and we feel like it we take out 4000 psi bowser out. Never had an issue with ingress and if you get a neighbours window it's 2 mins to wash it do with RO at the end...

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I spray them well with hypo either with homemade spray lance made from an old wfp pole or with fan jets in a brush..go have a smoke then rinse off from the ground with garden hose and xjet

Wfp the windows after which i always include in the price anyway

I spray them well with hypo either with homemade spray lance made from an old wfp pole or with fan jets in a brush..go have a smoke then rinse off from the ground with garden hose and xjet

Wfp the windows after which i always include in the price anyway
same as me but with either cheap bleach or degreaser

Something ive always thought about too especially with telescopic lance. Has to be easier. 

same as me but with either cheap bleach or degreaser
I've been considering using an Unger pole for this as you can run hose up the outside.
I was going to butcher an old chemical pump sprayer and lengthen the hose then attach the trigger mechanism to the bottom section of the pole and hose up to an applicator

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Pressure washer is brilliant for cleaning them but I've found it brings out more dirt from bits you don't see. The best way is wfp with a chemical and fan jets 

Back