Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mrs barterer

Tuffers

Mrs Barterer :ninja: came out while I was doing a first clean next door today. "How much?" Hang on, I'll just finish this one and I'll take a look. Well it's leaded in really old pvc frames at the front and really old pvc normal windows at the back. I added the barterer tax on and said £30 every 8 weeks. "Oh" she says, "that's more than the other window cleaner quoted." How much did he quote I ask. "£25 and he would be using ladders" she says. He'll be here all day off ladders I say. "I don't want to barter, but can you do them today for £25" she asks. £30 I say. "I'll leave it" she says. No problem I say and off to my next job. Why hasn't the trad guy done them yet I wonder? :rolleyes:

New Tuffers policy, don't barter with a barterer. Mrs Yip round the corner on the other hand was more than happy to pay me handsomely to do a first clean in and out.

Mrs Barterer :ninja: came out while I was doing a first clean next door today. "How much?" Hang on, I'll just finish this one and I'll take a look. Well it's leaded in really old pvc frames at the front and really old pvc normal windows at the back. I added the barterer tax on and said £30 every 8 weeks. "Oh" she says, "that's more than the other window cleaner quoted." How much did he quote I ask. "£25 and he would be using ladders" she says. He'll be here all day off ladders I say. "I don't want to barter, but can you do them today for £25" she asks. £30 I say. "I'll leave it" she says. No problem I say and off to my next job. Why hasn't the trad guy done them yet I wonder? :rolleyes:
New Tuffers policy, don't barter with a barterer. Mrs Yip round the corner on the other hand was more than happy to pay me handsomely to do a first clean in and out.
yip pee :thumbsup:

Na not worth bartering to get a job, price is the price otherwise the job will be a chore every time its due done and eventually be given up, right to stand your ground I'd say.

Back