Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bits In Tank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Adam Bartlett

Does anyone else get bits in their tank?

I use a static IBC at home and then transfer it to my van through a hose, but by using my cones to keep the hose in place for the 10 minutes it takes to fill my tank I've started getting a few rubber bits in the tank and also some mad crystal see through bits. Does anyone else have same/similar issues and is it something to be concerned with?

Thanks

Micro organisms will happily thrive & multiply in clear plastic tanks when chlorine has been removed from tap water via ro too so not recommended to drink purified water used for window cleaning.

As far as black rubber bits then maybe could be your pump seals breaking up so would be concerned of imminent pump failure if was me.

Micro organisms will happily thrive & multiply in clear plastic tanks when chlorine has been removed from tap water via ro too so not recommended to drink purified water used for window cleaning.

As far as black rubber bits then maybe could be your pump seals breaking up so would be concerned of imminent pump failure if was me.
thare plagy impelers

Might well be bits of resin tbf, main thing is little black bits of rubber coming off ones when use that to weight hose in place during transfer from my IBM. There all gathered at bottom so hard getting them out, im gonna try siphoning it out and not use my cones in future lol

Back