Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I am thinking of getting a dog

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Do any of you have dogs you take to work with you every day

The dog I would like to get is a staffy or cross staffy

Cheers

5bca8a1a662924d4c98d33e09eff1230.png
3ee0b9588b3708e27ee42d08733b782e.jpg

Yeah mine comes out with me everyday on the windows. I even take her to the gym where there is a place for her to come in and wait.

10 yrs old she is now and still out & about with me everyday,she knows the round and the houses and what customers have dogs.

Better company than some humans I believe!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

i had a rescue staffy,took him to work most days unless it was hot or very cold (gas heater in the back of the van at that time)best dog we've ever had,never needed a lead loved everyone except cats and pakistanis-he hated them,chinese/africans/chinese even bangladeshis he liked,just pakistanis

we have a rescue lab cross colly now,mad as a box of frogs,some days he can't come with me as i live in a rural area and he's already had an alpaka,loves sheep-too much,eats all sorts of dead things,if he's having a good time he refuses to come back and can squeeze through the smallest hole,pees on peoples shoes he doesn't like,i love him to bits.

I personally don't like cats or dogs, each to their own etc etc

Agreed.

Owning a dog for me would last on my list of things to do for a few reasons.

You have to walk them

You have to pick up their poo poo in  bag

you have to buy them food

you have to fix them when they go wrong - vets prices are ridiculous

they stink and have bad breath 

they lick you - nothing worse than a dirty tongue on your skin/face etc

they make a mess of your house and your garden

they malt, leaving hairs everywhere

they bark and make a noise at inaproriate times

they get under your feet when walking around the house - tripping over a dog is not fun

they chew stuff (puppies)

when you go on holiday you have to get someone to look after then/boarding

Cats are almost as bad (well cat urine is) but at least you can kick them out and they only come back occasionally for food and generally dont bother you

I genuinely dont get the man and his dog thing, to me its just a liabilty and an annoyance

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple of things not quite right there @adamangler.

My dog has hair, same as you, does not shed and is hypoallergenic

My dog is 1.5 kg soaking wet.  Walks? Twice round the garden and he's done for the day. 

Dogs saliva is anti bacterial, this is why they lick your wounds.  Not to get a taste for dinner but cause they are actually trying to help. 

Lastly I dont care how you rate your mates or even your (my) wife, you will NEVER have a friend more loyal and loving.  That's just a fact. 

I got four dogs so unfortunately Carnt take them all. Nabours would complain if I tryed to take just one. They all sit in the car if one at the vet. Otherwise they howl an howl till there m8 gets back. 

I take my blue staffy everyday he absolutely loves it gets excited on a morning when I'm loading the van up. He knows which house he gets treats great has made loads of friends on the round :)

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

What your customers reaction when you turn up with your staffy?

I know some people are not keen on staffy because of the unfair bad reputation they get from the media/papers.

What your customers reaction when you turn up with your staffy?
I know some people are not keen on staffy because of the unfair bad reputation they get from the media/papers.
To be honest mate they all love him, at first they were a bit weary but I made sure I introduced him properly and I can say iv turned a few people's opinions on the bad reputation they have as he just licks them. Only one said he was horrible. I was quiet surprised as it did cross my mind that customers would be put off by seeing a staffy in the van. Some people don't realise if brought up right they are the most loving dogs

98371027340add3b8f9d0f78a66752b0.jpg
this is him :)

To be honest mate they all love him, at first they were a bit weary but I made sure I introduced him properly and I can say iv turned a few people's opinions on the bad reputation they have as he just licks them. Only one said he was horrible. I was quiet surprised as it did cross my mind that costumers would be put off by seeing a staffy in the van. Some people don't realise if brought up right they are the most loving dogs

this is him :)

He's a beautiful dog

Latest Posts

Back