Chlorine

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by rjacandwc, Sep 2, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rjacandwc

rjacandwc Well-Known Member

I get to this time of year and I always face one or two regulars with chlorine on windows (Small chalky looking crop circles all over the bottom half of patio doors normally!). I have wipes with a chemical which is used in nail polish remover, which does a reasonable job. Just wondered if any of you recommend any thing else?. I know one thing. A soaking and a blade is not enough!!!!...

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Sounds like tap water stains from when they've been watering the plants and it's dried. Hard water stains are a PITA to get off.

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Viakal works to a degree and cillitnbang but sometimes it is on too hard and wont come off

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

the limescale remover sold in BnQ isnt worth buying either . looks the part and will sting your skin yes if you get any on you, but doesnt work as its supposed to

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

None of those are classed as professional strength products so will not work as well as something like winsol cc550

6. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

I think it's limescale, difficult to get rid of. I find a lot of it on my round from custies hosing their plants (and also the windows).

7. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

I think its limescale as well. I have one customer who has a massive glass canopy over her door. Above it is a limestone wall that drips water onto the glass canopy which causes massive limescale stains. Part of the job is to clean the canopy. Whenever she is about she will hand me a bottle of sainsburys limescale remover. I must say, it does a fantastic job of getting rid of the staining....every time.

8. lou

lou Active Member

Hi Smurf was just wondering if you dilute winsol cc550? How much do you think I would use on roughly 300 windows about 7 ft by 4 ft ?? please help if you can, new to this windy mallarky lol.

Advertisement