Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leave it today...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SPECI4L

I picked up a new customer on a 4 weekly basis in June.

Access to the back of their property is difficult meaning I have to text ahead for them to leave the gate unlocked.

The first two cleans were fine.

I ended up having 3 weeks off on paternity leave & was due to clean them on my first week back but got a "leave it this time" text when I asked them to leave the gate open. No reason was given, I just assumed it was down to being the last week of school hols & being away.

The next clean was fine.

But was due again a couple of weeks ago & got the "leave it this time" reply (once straight after my text, another at 6 in the morning the following day to make sure I got the message!)... when I text them back to ask the reason why, I got nothing...

I have an idea what I should do about this, my girlfriend has suggested a different approach to this... just wondered how other people deal with this kind of situation?

Those sorts I just say call me when you want them doing again and I will see if I can fit you in. Leave them too long and it will be xxx amount so is up to you or best you go find someone else to mess about./emoticons/biggrin.png

I picked up a new customer on a 4 weekly basis in June.Access to the back of their property is difficult meaning I have to text ahead for them to leave the gate unlocked.

The first two cleans were fine.

I ended up having 3 weeks off on paternity leave & was due to clean them on my first week back but got a "leave it this time" text when I asked them to leave the gate open. No reason was given, I just assumed it was down to being the last week of school hols & being away.

The next clean was fine.

But was due again a couple of weeks ago & got the "leave it this time" reply (once straight after my text, another at 6 in the morning the following day to make sure I got the message!)... when I text them back to ask the reason why, I got nothing...

I have an idea what I should do about this, my girlfriend has suggested a different approach to this... just wondered how other people deal with this kind of situation?
Dump

That text is just so rude. I got a reply from my most hated customer- she decided to reply at 10:30pm. Well that backfired on her when I sent a text back at 12:30pm just saying "Thanks.". :thumbsup: This is the c*** that made a couple of brews for her tree surgeons that were working for her, but didn't ask me if I wanted one. I felt pretty embarrassed for her as she walked past me with the tray.

In answer to the OP, personally I would just ditch them- but I would make sure they know they are dumped. Give them one more chance, and when they let you down just say, "Ok thanks, I've taken you off my round". Thats the polite option, but I reckon I would prefer the ruder version: "This is the third time you've done this now, so I've taken you off my round you ignorant tw*t".

;)Or send boar round

He can be very diplomatic

I have 1 customer who is like that but she keeps recommending me to people on Facebook and has hot me a bit of work so i see it as free advertising and I occasionally do her windows and get paid right away

Worth not putting the price up as she has got me 3 jobs so far

Use em as a filler. If yer need an xtra one to do one day for whatever reason tex em. If they say yes great. If no oh well. I keep a few like that. There not to bothered so use em as fillers. If for some reason someone says leave it I give em a quick tex to say I'm in area & see what they say

I think for some of them it's a novelty to start with, but becomes a bit of a chore forking out a seemingly needless bill for a job doing on their house that has no real advantages. What I mean is, a first clean, you can see a marked difference, after that, it just looks the same (we can because it's our job to notice muck on glass). Now if you were paying £30 every 4 weeks for a window cleaner or the choice of a top mobile with free this and that, I think people weigh it all up myself. You have to tread lightly for a good few months with new customers and really win them over with doing little things like wiping the front door step etc. I don't think a perfect round exists does it?

I always wipe the step if i am doing the glass on the door as it drips down..and give the door a quick wipe

Same as doing sills and frames to me

But you're right

Do these things as standard which don't add time to your day but they think you are going over and above what they pay for

Happy custys = happy wife spending my money

I never call any of my customers , text. becourse it gives them a chance to take the pxx basically I look after myself land on job jump walls if need be and get on with it bish bash bosh

I never call any of my customers , text. becourse it gives them a chance to take the pxx basically I look after myself land on job jump walls if need be and get on with it bish bash bosh
That would be nice, I've got a couple of houses worth a total of £120 every 8 weeks that are 3 junctions up the motorway and if I don't text beforehand, I won't even get past the electric gates. They have to know I'm going to be on site due to security etc. No chance of having a slash in their gardens, you'd have your willy caught on candid camera :thumbs:

I have ditched 2 for that reason. I thought they would mess me around when I took them on. Neighbours, said they had tried a couple of windys before. And that just stopped turning up.

I wonder why? /emoticons/biggrin.png

I have ditched 2 for that reason. I thought they would mess me around when I took them on. Neighbours, said they had tried a couple of windys before. And that just stopped turning up.

Back