Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shocking truths revealed by research!

Green Pro Clean Ltd

I have been looking into penalties for breaches of the 'Fire Safety Order' for some particular HSE guidance I am working on at the moment.

I came across this on a legal website about the fines for breaches. Could you think of a worse place to be in breach of such and order?

These boys made number 6 on the list.

Top 25 Expensive Fines for Fire Safety Breaches

13th April 2015Steve JohnsNo CommentsFire Safety

A list of expensive fines given to companies who have been in breach of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.

6. The Atomic Weapons Establishment – Fined £200,000

The Atomic Weapons Establishment who are responsible for the design, manufacture and support of warheads for the UK’s nuclear deterrent were fined by Reading Crown Court in May 2013. AWE admitted a single breach of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. An employee suffered burns when a fireball erupted in his face at the Aldermaston site in August 2010.

Fire Safety Breaches

• Failing to supply adequate safety clothing

The fire could have caused multiple casualties and it was entirely preventable had better control systems been in place. The failure to instigate such controls was dependent on AWE identifying potential hazards and risks, all of which were well documented, but that simply did not happen. – HSE inspector Dave Norman

Back