Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

battery and pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

View attachment 8213 Got Shurflo pump, would the 24 amp battery be enough for a days work so about 4-5 hrs use max I reckon. I liked the small 24 amp battery over 60 amps as I work from a car so wanted to carry it in and out of flat to recharge I and work from car.

Also, what's the best way to protect the battery and pump from water spillage ? Worth getting a battery case ?

Yes..You have actually got a 22Ah Battery there, but that will run your Shurflo pump for a days work fine. Just make sure to recharge at the end of each day to keep the battery charged up and Healthy. These batteries don't like being left for long periods without a full charge.

Is the pump speed being controlled?

Do you need the pump on full chat?

Some sort of controller will increase your battery life

If you use a PWM controller and dial it back to 50% you should find the flow plenty with that pump for everyday maintenance work and that will save you battery power. You could get up to three 4/5hr days of residential work out of that battery before needing to charge it. It would be a good idea though, as has been said to top it up over-night. But should you forget to charge it you should have plenty in reserve.

If you use a PWM controller and dial it back to 50% you should find the flow plenty with that pump for everyday maintenance work and that will save you battery power. You could get up to three 4/5hr days of residential work out of that battery before needing to charge it. It would be a good idea though, as has been said to top it up over-night. But should you forget to charge it you should have plenty in reserve.

Ok will call Daqua and order a PWM controller? I guess use Velcro and have the battery and pump on a board, any ideas how to protect the two from water - coming out of connectors on pump or from something else like a barrel in car?

I can just take battery off board bring in house and recharge, sound ok?

You need to Fit them in a waterproof box mate, if you are having it outside. If not you could mount on a board or make a pump box.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to Fit them in a waterproof box mate, if you are having it outside. If not you could mount on a board or make a pump box.
It will stay in the car, but I have had water leak and water from buckets spilled on these things before, so some sort of cover might be good.

The battery will withstand a little water spilled on it and the the pump end of the motor. You want to avoid water getting in the motor. But you are right you want to protect them. However you choose to mount them don't site them on the floor. Raise them a little so if water collects they don't sit in it. The pump box is a good idea. A large tool box could be used for this. Or perhaps mount the pump vertically on a board like the van mounted systems with the pump end below the motor. Then stand/mount the board in a tray of some sort to catch any drips

The battery will withstand a little water spilled on it and the the pump end of the motor. You want to avoid water getting in the motor. But you are right you want to protect them. However you choose to mount them don't site them on the floor. Raise them a little so if water collects they don't sit in it. The pump box is a good idea. A large tool box could be used for this. Or perhaps mount the pump vertically on a board like the van mounted systems with the pump end below the motor. Then stand/mount the board in a tray of some sort to catch any drips
Interesting ideas, so have the pump on its side attached to a piece of wood and the battery in tool box. Got to have some way that it's never 'sitting' in water. If either is in tool box or free have it raised off the ground at an angle so water drains off and covered in case something smashes into it or water is poured over them. You got any photos?

This is my trolley and the pump isn't a sureflo but you get an idea how to mount the pump as it's bolted on right where the sureflo was

conversion_02.jpg

If you aren't technical then I would go for a PWM like Marko suggests, you can make them for less than a tenner as long as you don't mind waiting for the bits from China. I've had my £2.54 PWM (eBay 262318889274) running for over a year now with no issues whatsoever - others would question reliability but I find with the good quality pump (shurflo) they last.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

called Daqua and the PWM controller is £99, worth it?
depends if you want a fancy on or one that does the job, i know where you can get one but i dont want my hands slapped again!! /emoticons/tongue.png

I just want something for my shurflo pump and 24 amp battery that regulates the flow or for whatever its purpose is. Do I need a digital one off darren ansbro?

Gather the information and make an informed decision that you are happy with. Using a PWM controller will help you save battery power and improve the life of your pump. You could run it without one but you'll go through your water much quicker and wear your pump out faster. A digital one will give you feedback as to battery condition and probably also let you set the working pressure as well depending on the model.

May plain old analogue one (not digital, just has a dial 1-10) has given me eight years of solid service and is still going.

Could use a large sandwich box for waterproofing the battery, drill holes for wires and silicon seal to fix them in place an prevent any water getting in. Could do something similar with pump box by removing lid and cutting spaces for pipes etc. I think with the harder wearing transparent boxes it would look tidy. Added advantage of being very light.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Latest Posts

Back