Citroen Dispatch 1.9D 2004 - Is This A Good Van?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by S.W. Window Cleaning, Dec 15, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. S.W. Window Cleaning

S.W. Window Cleaning Active Member

Im looking at one of these to put a 500 litre WFP system in. Anybody have one or know is it good or bad?
    Cheers,
    Steve

Advertisement
  2. Squeak and Bubbles

3. Knoxy

Knoxy Well-Known Member

I have one fitted with a 400ltr Pure Freedom RO system.
    Size wise it's great I can fit loads of gear in and I can also fit my 36ft Brodex pole in when I need it.
    Mine doesn't have a turbo so it's slow but I'm happy with it.

4. A.K WINDOWS

ive been looking at citeron relays need something bigger me sen like.

ive seen a few windys using dispatch but heard they struggle without the turbo and thats with a 250l tank in there

5. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

my mate whose a painter and decorator has one, its a 04 an aw, he loves it , ive worked on it for him and only thing is what the other lads say its a bit underpowered when carrying any weight , id say with a full 500l tank it would struggle a bit , dunno if they make mdoels wi a turbo but if they do get that one, good roomy van though and not far off the space off a vivaro /transit swb van

6. Squeak and Bubbles

Guys, if your not fussed with power than there great, like I said I had the fiat scudo 1.9 but no turbo, just so sluggish. It puts a bit more strain on the engine trying to carry that type of weight. Try get one with a turbo, better specially when your coming up to a hill.

Mind you I did have my 650 tank in it. :wacko:

7. iluvwindows

iluvwindows Well-Known Member

Great vans, but make sure you get one with a turbo dispatch,, scudo, andthe expert are all the same tbh so parts and maintainance not an issue

8. harunh

harunh Legend

i gota pug partner

9. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

Most important thing is the vehicle weight limit - if you hit someone or something and the van is overweight all your insurance and etc is invalid and you could be looking at a stretch behind bars if you kill someone or something. Unlikely but important. if you've got 500 litres that's 500kg, plus 2 people perhaps and the rest of your gear.. pressure washer? trolley system with water, generator, etc etc.. it adds up

10. harunh

harunh Legend

thats why u got to buy a van with a good paylaod to suit you :)

my van payload suits me :) if i ever expand my business which i probably will do in 1,2 years when i get bigger and bigger... ill haveto get a bigger van cos ill probs use more water cos in 2 years time ill probs have a 2 man setup

Advertisement