Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rip

WCF

Help Support WCF:

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

We are gathered here today to pay final respects to our honored and respect Facelift Pole. But it should be noted that its death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world; a world that our beloved pole gave his life to protect and nourish. He did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate his profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my pole, I can only say this: of all the poles I have encountered in my travels, facelift was the best.

View attachment 847

View attachment 848

View attachment 849

Erm is that the recent one and what the heck ya done to it.

Nice obituary by the way, I feel you gave it a good send off /emoticons/biggrin.png

It is recent, happened today. I was told there was a design flaw on the section after the red clip. There waiting on a new part being sent out. I spoke to aqua-adaptor. There sending a replacement out

I don't see it as a design flaw, more of a fail safe if you ask me. The only reason im not ****** is it happened on the part thats is replaceable. If this snapped on any other pole I would need a hole new top section or pole I believe.

I would have been annoyed if Richards brush arrived today lol .

Can you not just cut it down and make a short pole' date=' so you can use it on bungalows or shop fronts? [/quote']
Why would I want to do that the pole its self is fine. The section above the red clip comes out so you can eaily fit a new part. Thats the part that broke. Its replaceable

and facelift claim to be as good as gardiners haha
gardiners all the way
In my opinion because of this its probably better. You still dont know how this happned. Im not sure what would happen with a gardeners pole if if went though the same as this pole. Put it this way if it snapped in the same place you would need a hole new to section. Where as I only need a small part which costs next to nothing I believe.

In my opinion because of this its probably better. You still dont know how this happned. Im not sure what would happen with a gardeners pole if if went though the same as this pole. Put it this way if it snapped in the same place you would need a hole new to section. Where as I only need a small part which costs next to nothing I believe.
how did it happen then?

very true , How did you do it ?

and facelift claim to be as good as gardiners haha
gardiners all the way
i dont think you can compare the two unless you have both

Good question. I can't make head nor tail of what's happened! I'd like to know what this safety valve type thing is or how it could apply to a pole unless it was just the very top before your angle adapter, which it doesn't look like with these eyes!

You have both don't you mark? Spill!

Btw my other post was referring to rc's question, you got in too quick! /emoticons/smile.png

to me looking at it, it looks like its just been a poor casing, maybe some air bubbles that weaken that area, it happens at times with moulded plastic etc.

very true , How did you do it ?

i dont think you can compare the two unless you have both
Was cleaning a velux window and a gust of wind caught it. Slammed it right against the ground (slabs) my opinion it snapped in the right place any where else and I would have been seriously ****** off. I think it protected my poIe, brush and aqau-adaptor. I never got round to telling aqua-adaptor about the wind blowinf it over, before I tried to he told me about the design flaw in that part of the pole. So I just went with the flow lol

My question if this was any other pole and it snapped in the same place, what would happen? At the force that came down it something had to break.

It is recent, happened today. I was told there was a design flaw on the section after the red clip. There waiting on a new part being sent out. I spoke to aqua-adaptor. There sending a replacement out
I don't see it as a design flaw, more of a fail safe if you ask me. The only reason im not ****** is it happened on the part thats is replaceable. If this snapped on any other pole I would need a hole new top section or pole I believe.

I would have been annoyed if Richards brush arrived today lol .
Not a design flaw as such, but with an aquadapters attached there is added stress to the adapter which was not anticipated but which has/is being addressed. Of course replacement adapters are free of charge and being improved upon constantly. We aim for the Phoenix to be the best pole out there bar none.

Not a design flaw as such' date=' but with an aquadapters attached there is added stress to the adapter which was not anticipated but which has/is being addressed. Of course replacement adapters are free of charge and being improved upon constantly. We aim for the Phoenix to be the best pole out there bar none.[/quote']Im guessing you will be replacing all those sections? If you are I would love to get ma hands on the older ones. I would prefer to have this section the way it is. If any part of it is going to break when falling like mine did. I would prefer it to be this part.
To be fair it did smack the ground a some speed. Im not surprised thats something gave way

Back