Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do u price your houses up?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

I price mine up by how long it will take me to do one job.

Because am a new window cleaner am a bit slow with the WFP but ive only worked with it for 2 days... and on my 2nd day i felt much better then the first day ! /emoticons/biggrin.png

I charge a customer £8.00 for his house.. with a conservatory and that should take me 20 minutes to do once i pick up my speed

I also charge another customer £10.00 for the same type of house but with a few extra windows, this should take me 25-30 minutes to clean once i pick up my speed /emoticons/smile.png

Then ive got a few houses that i charge 5,6 pound for.... which will take me about 15-20 minutes to clean.

And i got a few houses that i just do the front for 4-5 pound and this should take me only about 10 minutes !

I like to price my jobs up by how long it is going to take me instead of how many windows.

Time is the best way although as you pick up more customers you'll prob get a bit more ruthless. I now start at £10 for most houses and only go lower if the custy is swaying. Anything that looks like it'll take a bit more time is obv more, and conservatorys are def a few £ extra. It all depends with what you want to earn a day etc.

I'm pricing by just trying to get away with what i think i can get out of a custy tbh

I did a glass and frames yesterday for £15.00 on a detached house i think it took me around 40 mins thats trad aswell

it was a new build so was pretty straight forward tbh .

But next time should only take me 15 maybe 20 mins .

I price per window if it's got a conservatory my price starts at £6 for a conny then the windows on top of that, all my houses with connys are between £12 and £20

80p per windwow

£1 leaded

£5 connys

french doors £1

do not charge by how long it will take you this is the best way and you should be hitting £20ph easy within 4 or 5 months once you have the speed.

£1 per window

£2 bay window

£1 door

£5 conny

but then again I just picked up a rural house with 8 windows and I'm charging them £20

What do you guys class as a window? Would you charge the same for a 3 pane window as you would a 2 pane or 1 pane window?

when i look at a window say a bedroom window that is 80p same with a kitchen window.normaly they have two panes say the main pain then the sash.

£10-12 bunaglow

£14-16 3 bed

£18-25 4 bed

£5-conservatory

there is a few exception but most of my work is priced like this

I don't do prices by window because there are just so many different windows sizes shapes awkwardness etc..

I have prices just for different houses, areas.. Just really say what your happy with?

I find that £1 per window £2 per bay and £3 for conservatory ( average size ) works well. I quoted for a bungalow that had 20 windows and quoted £13 best price much to his dislike, far too much, was the response. In reflection I could have gone to £10 because I had a few in the vicinity and it would have probably have been worth my while. Nevertheless, generally speaking you are better off sticking to your set prices otherwise you end up slogging your guts out. At the end of the day you have to use your equipment your fuel and vehicle costs and at times have to work at height. it is a manual job ( hard work ) and you also have to work on your bookkeeping. ....In short it has to be worth your while.. /emoticons/tongue.png Good luck ...

Back