Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro problems

• Thread starter Derbyshirecleaning
  • Start date
D

Derbyshirecleaning

Last week I decided to take the week off and take the tank out of the van and waterproof the floor. The waterproofing went great!

But after having stripped the filters off the tank (I didn't remove them from their casing) and stored them inside, now ive put them back on the tank and my 40inch Ro filter doesn't seem to be working.

My tap water is 240ppm and the ro is bringing it down to 180ppm which makes the overall ppm 15 and the water pressure going into the tank is higher than I've ever seen.

Also the pressure on the waste isn't a high as it was. Please could someone help.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The end with the single port is the input from your prefilters. On the other side you have 2 ports. The one in the centre of the housing is the pure. The one to the side is your waste.

First thing to do is check those connections are correct.

The end with the single port is the input from your prefilters. On the other side you have 2 ports. The one in the centre of the housing is the pure. The one to the side is your waste.
First thing to do is check those connections are correct.

Thanks for the reply, yeps I've hooked it up wrong... Epic fail!. It has seemed to have ruined the RO filter, when I receive a replacement is there a right or wrong way to put it in? Thanks again

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

We have a champ housing so these are the instructions for this model. It will be the same procedure for any other housing.

You only need to remove the feed end housing to remove and replace the membrane.

Insert the membrane into the housing with the black brine seal at the feed end (ie feed the membrane in with
the brine seal end going in last). Push the membrane firmly to ensure it is fully inserted. Push in the end cap, again ensure it is fully inserted to reveal the holding ring groove. Replace the holding ring.

Back