Classic Canvassing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by nathy, Feb 6, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. nathy

nathy Guest

hey guys been building up my own round since september last year...No work today so its a lovely sunny day so canvassing for the day it is,found little villages are awsome for picking up work,even though i have given out hundreds of quotes,every other day i get calls confirming the are happy to have them done...seems all the towns and citys are sown up but if u willing to travel the villages are where its at :) will let u know how i get on and see if i can beat my best day of 15 new jobs ;)

Advertisement
  2. James

James Guru

Good stuff Nathy!

I also find villages and especially farms are really good jobs. They pay quite well as they are out of the way abit and all of my customers are lovely to deal with. I agree with you that most of the biggish towns and citys are quite sown up but there are still bits and pieces out there, you just have to find them ;)

James.

3. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

That's good going mate.........however, my record is 17. And 15 of those were without having to leave the comfort of my computer desk. Got to love Facebook and Facebay ;)

4. James

James Guru

You cheat! Nah gotta love online advertising, especially Facebook :)

James.

5. jasonbrien

jasonbrien Guest

Hey, I also like Facebook. Actually it is my best friend these days. I advertises my services through this and gaining so much.

6. James

James Guru

Got a link to it jason, just to have a nosey?

James.

7. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

It really works. You still have to canvas the hood though coz not everybody Facebooks.....although my 70 year old dad does :)

8. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Excuse my ignorance about facebook and facebay. Can you open an account using your business name or does it have to be your personal name. Also, do facebook and facebay link together. It sounds like it might be a good way to build up some business....i must learn more about it. Has anyone got a link to their facebook or facebay account that I can take a peek at?

9. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

I created a Facebook account for the business........https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002812311959.

Once you have done that, find some local Facebay groups and post some ad's on there........simples

10. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

cheers ricoclay....will have a go and see what happens.

Advertisement