Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New recruit!!

jamienewbie88

Hi thought I'd get involved been looking on here about a month some useful advice and pointers.

So winters coming I have a 650l tank fed to the pump then to the reel.

How am I gunna stop this freezing when the temp rele drops and have to pour boiling water everywhere my vans tidy and dry don't wanna ruin that lol.

Oh and I'm Jamie btw hello

Hi thought I'd get involved been looking on here about a month some useful advice and pointers.
So winters coming I have a 650l tank fed to the pump then to the reel.

How am I gunna stop this freezing when the temp rele drops and have to pour boiling water everywhere my vans tidy and dry don't wanna ruin that lol.

Oh and I'm Jamie btw hello
Good question. My first wfp winter coming up. Apart from a load of lagging and a duvet I'm not ready yet.

Welcome Jamie,

To be honest your systems gonna freeze right about the same time as hell.

I run a 500L system and never managed to freeze it.

Last year on about 5 nights when we hit -4 I just put a cheap oil filled radiator from Aldi in the back and that kept it all good.

Ok cool don't you reckon the water in the pump or the hose between the pupm and tank or pump and reel will freeze blocking the system? I'm not sure about heaters don't want my van catching fire that would be just my luck!!

Any chemicals you can add to the water so it won't freeze without it effecting your windows?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app