Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice please!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chris84

Need some advice!!!

I have a van mounted system and this morning I have a flooded garage. It has auto shut off however I noticed a kink in my waste pipe which goes to a drain via hose outside the garage. Would the kink in the hose have caused this problem..

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

That would be my first guess. Sounds like you have a similar set up for your waste as I do on my static setup. Can you pour some water down it to check it?

I had similar with my xtank last week, left the tank filling and went and had a shower, came back later to turn off water expecting tank to be filled and the booster pump was still running and could hear water dripping from van, I opened the side door and a tidal wave of water came out and soaked my feet.

The tank had filled and water was pouring out from the lid, I had just put my dyson vac in there as well, lucky enough it stayed dry.

I think the float valve must have got stuck and not switched the controller off.

If you had a kink in your hose in the waste pipe then I imagine you'd have a high Tds in the tank as the RO would not be functioning properly and all those nasties would be pumped into your di instead of to waste

I have an xline system which has auto shut off the weird thing is the system was off. I leave it to fill over night and usually it cut off fine and don't over fill, the system shuts down when full.

Like I say the system had cut off but still water everywhere I just can't work out why..

That would be my first guess. Sounds like you have a similar set up for your waste as I do on my static setup. Can you pour some water down it to check it?
I emptied the tank as I wasn't sure about the purity of the water(my tds meter has packed up waiting for xline to send a replacement). I've left it to fill overnight again but outside the garage..

Do you have a booster pump? If so was it running when the system shut off?

As you know there is a valve that stops the flow of water when the system has finished filling, if the tank overflowed and it wasn't the float valve at fault the only other possibility is the flow valve on the water in must have not closed and water kept flowing, in which case the booster pump would have been running too.

If you don't have a booster pump then it may have gone un noticed that water was still flowing.

Do you have a booster pump? If so was it running when the system shut off?As you know there is a valve that stops the flow of water when the system has finished filling, if the tank overflowed and it wasn't the float valve at fault the only other possibility is the flow valve on the water in must have not closed and water kept flowing, in which case the booster pump would have been running too.

If you don't have a booster pump then it may have gone un noticed that water was still flowing.

I don't have a booster pump.. The auto shut off works with the controller, when I start a fill cycle the controller flashes with the word fill when the cycle stops the controler turns off.

There was a fair bit of water but not enough to suggest it had been continuously flowing out off the tank..

Need some advice!!!I have a van mounted system and this morning I have a flooded garage. It has auto shut off however I noticed a kink in my waste pipe which goes to a drain via hose outside the garage. Would the kink in the hose have caused this problem..

My first thought was the shut off valve sticking open. This has happened to me twice in recent months. Some swarf that has been left in the IBC when drilling holes in it and got caught on the float, keeping it open was the problem. I bought a kids fishing net for 79p and fished a load of swarf out of the tank. Seems to have solved the problem now.

Back