Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaner Planner Sold

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What if one backs up their data once a week? Would that be good enough?
Only if you take said usb stick off site, meaning not having it physically in the same house as the computer. And you run checks on the stick every so often.

Proper "old school" backup solutions could often use 8+12 tapes. One for every day of the week rolling, one extra at the end of the week. And one every month that can be kept as historical backup. This is mostly an issue when you work with large databases where data corruption could damage only part of the database. So overkill for our use case.

The main issue with USB sticks and manual backups is it's cumbersome and easy to forget, as well as break the unit.

If you really want to avoid any online vendors another solution is installing a NAS server at a friend's house and setup a script or program that backups automatically. 

Personally I just use Google sheets. Available on every platform and on the go.

I back mine up to Dropbox via CP and download a csv file from CP but it ain't all readable in excel and all files on my pc get backed up to Norton 

It needs to be tablet and phone friendly, it was created mainly as a good pc software with work/debt recording functionality on smart phone. 

Auto update across all devices. It needs a dedicated app, I do vast majority of buisness on tablet and smartphone now. 
If CP switched to how Squeegee works it would do my head right in being an app rather than a pc accessed program, I bought a Chromebook last year and didn't realise it wasn't exactly a pc and a smart device as I'll call it, my wife uses it now and I went out and bought a windows os laptop, I would very much prefer that they did a serious overhaul on the app and knicked some of the features squeegee uses 

If CP switched to how Squeegee works it would do my head right in being an app rather than a pc accessed program, I bought a Chromebook last year and didn't realise it wasn't exactly a pc and a smart device as I'll call it, my wife uses it now and I went out and bought a windows os laptop, I would very much prefer that they did a serious overhaul on the app and knicked some of the features squeegee uses 

My feeling is it will have To go more app based purely because of how pc’s have been cannibalised by mobile devices etc.

i wonder if they will be radical or just jazz it up. I like how solid the pc end works but it is in need of updating like you’ve mentioned, on the mobile side of things I think they can start again. I think it will be possible to satisfy both but it’s a big job.

Back