Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

liability insurance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chris clean

Hope all of you had a good day lovely sunny one here down south!

Who do you reccomend for liability insurance and if you don't mind how much roughly did it cost? Just had a quote from gleaming but seemed steep as I'm sure on threads in past people had mentioned much cheaper but can't find the thread. Cheers

Gleaming are not cheap for a reason they offer the best cover by a mile. There are lots of company's offering cheap insurance but it doesn't cover what your working on. So about as helpfull as a chocolat fire gaurd

im with Simplybusiness been with them years now and recently had an almost identical renewal quote price by Swinton . for public liab 1 million and 3employees 10 million cover ,price totals out at £ 500

Yes Aviva £71 if you damage the gutter or widow your working on your not covered if your up a ladder cleaning gutters or windows and your pole falls on a car you are covered.

I'm with gleaming, think its about £15 a month, cheap as chips and covers me for pressure washing, gutter work, window cleaning etc etc, pretty much everything.

Gleaming for peace of mind...none of this "oh I can't clean that, I'm not insured" I'm insured to clean most anything so just crack on!!

Just read my policy docs can't find any exclusions that says I'm not covered for damage to property that I'm working on.

All insurance company's are crooks . Mines £70 a year . As anyone had to make a claim .just wondered if they tried to squirm out of paying .

Got to hand it to gleaming, they have cornered the market in my mind. They have put together a professional package that covers just about everything you would do as a normal window cleaner, and tailored just for us. They even include the sideline services most of us do. If other companies want to compete, then they would need to follow suit, and then either make it cheaper, or offer something extra like a free meekest toy.

I used Gladiator £67 for £1m and £100k legal costs, it also includes all of the exterior premises, I found some companies would only include the glass and frames, but wouldn't include garden statues etc, weatherboarding or guttering. But gladiator included everything for £67

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Back