Cleaning A Glass Roof Without Pure Water?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by paulio, Jul 4, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paulio

paulio Active Member

Hey guys.

With help from a few guys on the site I have made my own diy wfp for a plastic conny roof job coming up.

But I have also been asked to clean a BIG glass conny roof, now i don't have access to pure water so is it worth me taking the job on and saying it wont be 100% or will the results be so bad its not worth the customers time/money?

As always appreciate any info.

Paul.

Advertisement
  2. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

I would only use pure water for a glass con roof, also use a absorbant monofilament/bristle brush - Boars Hair brush, if not a Nylon filament brush, don’t bother with low absorbant filament brush, Polyester filament etc, you will be there much longer and you still, may not be able to clean it.

Richard

3. Paul

Paul Guest

If you have no other option mate clean it with tap water to get the main **** off the use a aplicator and squeegee on a pole

4. paulio

paulio Active Member

Thanks for the reply guys.

I normally would trad it but this particular conservatory has access issue as its built right up against another conservatory both sides so can't get at it properly with an applicator and squeegee.

5. Paul

Paul Guest

Looks like pure water only then mate if you can't make your own go to a aquarium they usually sell it, they do here anyways

6. Paul

Paul Guest

What part of the country are you ?

7. Posh

Posh Hero

I tell my custies exactly that. I can do it but it's only tap water but it gets all the grime and birds poo off ect. For this reason I don't charge very much maybe a tenner for an average one and most of them have taken me up on it. I also tell them that it may dry with a few smears but it will be 75./' better then it is now. After that it's there choice & 95./' are happy with that. After a week or so you can guarantee a bird a come along & s@@t on it & they get dusty quite quickly just like a skylarks.

8. paulio

paulio Active Member

London

9. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Before I went wfp I use to just use tap water, never had any complaints. If it is bad, they will sell things alot better and although there may be a few spots, they should be happy

10. Paul

Paul Guest

Lol slightly to far for me to purify some for you

Advertisement