Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fan Jets Any Good?

hi guys, i currently use pencil jets in my brush but am finding im getting more and more houses that have hydrophobic windows so was thinking about getting some fan jets to go in my gardiner dual trim brush so quicken rinsing. Would like some opinions please!

Pencil for nearly 3 years.

Tried gardiners new red fan jets. Omg!

So much coverage, saves water and I clean quicker.

Well I can see why they would

Cause spotting yes.

But tbh I tend to rinse very very close to the glass/on it.

I use a trolley 18L and I would say I am

Saving a good 3L a house.

For a whole week I never ran out on a house.

You have to take it slow to start with that way it won't cause problems.

When I first switched to them I checked back on quite a few houses and no problems.

These new fan jets are very similar to the spray pattern of a pencil. They are not a wide as most fan jets.

But that depends on your pump,flow etc.

But they are amazing /emoticons/smile.png

i use the old blue ones, and prefer these, cant really get on with the new red ones, but am not sure weather its the brush or not

thanks for your tips guys. i use the gardiner slx and gardiner brushes so may give them a ring and order some red jets then. anythings worth a try rather than using pencil jets on the hydrophobics!

It’s all about time, fan jets are slower to use than pencil jets; I question if fans are needed for window cleaning on frequently cleaned work.

Hydrophobic or hydrophilic glass won’t make that much of a difference, I notice the two types of glass when I clean the end results are the same as is the cleaning time for each pane of glass.

If you service 60 customers a week and save on average just 2.5 minutes per customer that could be a 10% increase in money. 2-3 minutes on its own never sounds a lot.

Using wfp is very easy, use the most rigid you pole you can afford select the most suitable brush, set the water flow to the speed you are cleaning. Always look to work efficient and reduce time on site and your money goes up.

Look on you tube for window cleaners cleaning a couple of upper windows on residential, look at the level of pole flex and how the brush is working. I watched one the other day; I think it was about a 3 minute video, if he changed his pole & brush, had more confidence and refined his cleaning method, he could have a made 30 second video.

Richard

I like pencil jets because I can aim the water better when I rinse the top corners. If it's hydrophobic glass I rinse with the brush on the glass.

I don’t use fan jets, I don’t worry about the type of glass and only rinse when it’s needed. I always price competitively, you can do that by cleaning faster.

If there is any skill in cleaning a window: it’s that a ‘window cleaner’ is capable of cleaning a lot of glass in a short amount of time. That’s all there is to it.

Richard

For what it's worth, my normal brushes are either diy or a firm sill brush. DIY have home made pencil jets (they're good though) and sill has fan, I like the fan on hydrophobic simply because they look like they're rinsing better but I have used Richards brush and I can honestly say it cleaned way faster than any of those and it mattered not that it had pencil jets and 2 of the 3 houses has hydrophobic glass. The houses I cleaned with richards brush I've since done again a couple of times with pencil and jet and because of how good his brush is neither cleaned as fast.

No I haven't got one yet but will, missus bought the backpack for xmas instead of brush lol.

Wish everyone would stop going on about tecbuk.

Spent way to much money already this month and its only the 3rd jan FACEPALM.

Lol gonna have to get one.

Wish everyone would stop going on about tecbuk. Spent way to much money already this month and its only the 3rd jan FACEPALM. Lol gonna have to get one.
LOL, go on they really are that good. Lighter than my sill brush and way faster so I don't know what the fuss is about the weight.

Just had a gardiner delv and cleaning spot. That's a grand gone already /emoticons/sad.png

but I also got my components for my custom van lighting. So really happy about that.

Sod the new poles. All about the lighting /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back