Cleaning Bedroom Windows Above Bays.how?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Mike48, Feb 25, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Mike48

Mike48 Member

This may seem a bit of a simple question.I am just starting out and I was wondering where to position the ladder when cleaning 1st floor bedroom windows, that are above large bay windows. Is it best to rest the ladded against the roof using an add on to the ladder or should I positon them in adifferent area.
    Also what about when you have a large porch and you need to clean a window above that. Any pics of how you pros do it would be great,many thanks.
    Mike

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Hard to answer mate. Keep in mind not to set your ladder at a dodgy angle. If you can set the ladder above the window frame, that will give you a better angle, specially if you've got to go over things that stick out. HTH

3. Doo

Doo Well-Known Member

yep above the window , i always have my small steps to let me extend the ladder abit more if needed as I'm only 5ft 10inch & sometimes struggle to get the right height for positioning the ladder above the window , but watch your angle , if you don't feel safe use a Harris pole .

4. David@Aqua

David@Aqua Member

Hi
    Use a ladder stay to step away from the bay window or if you still can not get to it use a harris pole with a wagtail, It takes some getting used to but it is well worth the money and persistence.

5. Mike48

Mike48 Member

cheers gents

6. Mike48

Mike48 Member

all new to this, can you tellmewhere I could view a harris pole and wagtailonline.Or what is the best site to use to buy them. Cheers again

7. A.K WINDOWS

hariss pole b&q wagg tail window cleaning warehouse.on line

8. Posh

Posh Hero

Wagtail you can get on eBay as well

Advertisement