Cleaning brushes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Shaun1977, Feb 28, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

What do you guys suggest for cleaning brushes after days work or best way to do it and why product

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qfayzp

Advertisement
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I'm afraid i dont clean mine!. I did do it from time to time when i 1st started, but it didnt seem to make any difference, and i got lazy, and stopped!. I was told by another wfp windy to leave the brushes soaked in pure water over***ht, but only about once a fort***ht. Dont know if anyone else on here got any take on that?. I keep meaning to start doing it again, but you know how it is!.

3. chip

chip Guru

again, same as bbd, don't wash it unless i've done something and got it really clogged up, but normally just brushing it across my hand flicks stuff off or even on brickwork.
    there was an interesting post on here recently about stuff like smog and pollution clinging to the man made fillaments so should be cleaned, so i may start! anyway i've heard washing it in ecover is good.

4. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

Haha I think Iv only cleaned mine once in 6 month Iv been using it

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5zepfc

5. I was told the same as bbd, just soak it in pure water for 24 hours. I try to clean mine once a week, the key word being try!!!

6. TJWindows

TJWindows Member

I leave mine in pure water over ***ht, then i use the water through the day with bit of ecover in for cleaning my wagtail (not that i use it much) and for cleaning my Joka gloves after each time i have wound my reel in.

7. best

best Active Member

never clean my brush!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

Never bother - surely the vast amount of pure water flowing through it every day keeps it clean. All I do if I get cobwebs leaves etc stuck in bristles is rub my hand back and forward over bristles :)

9. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Don't clean mine much but the other day got some grease off some door hinges and just could not get rid of it so the next house I did a lagged my brush in some Ecover cream cleaner and a bit of fairy and went to work on there windows making sure I gave my brush a good rub on the frames to clear it. This got rid of the grease and cleaned my brush really well as well as giving the customers windows a very good clean.

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

10. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

Like it Gav, killing two birds with one stone, cleaning your brush and cleaning the customers windows at the same time.

Richard

Advertisement