Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole hose kinking. Any suggestions?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

El Sombrero

My current Gardiner pole hose is doing my spoke in - twisting and kinking now big time, spend most of my working day blasting expletives and fighting with it. I've tried soaking it in warm/hot water and straightening it out but it's only a temporary fix for a couple of days at best. Any recommendation for an upgrade? I was looking at Gardiners PU hose. TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
When it starts to kink etc you need to turn the pole a few times in your hand to take the coils out

Everyone naturally twists the hose by twisting the pole without meaning to and by always turning the same way when cleaning

Work out which way and twist the pole a few times the opposite way until you see the twists drop out of the hose

I used the pu hose for a while with the gritstop.

I went back to to all season yellow.

The orange pu hose kept bending a twisting not matter what I did cost me hours shame the gritstop work really really when but like the site stats it's not as good with the yellow all season which I had alot less problems with.

I am running tubeless atm since that works better with unie value and that's really nice but the extra weight in the pole sucks.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have gone tubeless with JG fittings I have around 15 to 20 metres of green pu hose attached to my 100m 6mm hose works a treat I keep my pole and hose connected 90% on the time on the odd occasion I disconnect I sometimes reel in and that sorts any slight twists in the hose.

I have a JG connector at the base of my pole as well as one at the trolley. Normally I do as DaveB suggests but occasionally I need to disconnect at one end or the other and untwist the hose untill it lays flat.

As much as I love gardiners green PU hose, most PU hoses are less forgiving when getting a twist in them. They're less likely to kink than PVC hose, but they will coil and lift off the floor and cause a trip hazard if you don't keep them untwisted.

PU hose is much tougher than the regular PVC stuff but you do have manage it more.

As dave says keep an eye on the hose as you go and make the odd small adjustments by just turning the pole in the opposite direction to the twist rather than wait till it's all tangled up. You'll get used to doing it and end up doing it without thinking about it

If you run it tubeless and disconnect the hose the odd time when your reeling in, it will uncoil itself

I use the same hose as you and get the occasional kink in it, so a few times a day I disconect the pole hose and loop it together until all the twists come out and then reconnect and carry on.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back