Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter cleaning question

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Did you buy a drain rod drop scraper by any chance?
I think the clue is in the name to what it would fit.
Was thinking this myself. It always amazes me just how little room there is to work on most modern gutters, you're lucky to be able to get fingers in. (a bit like being married)

i bleve you could increase trade with a helper letting off a warning hooter every 30 seconds or so that would draw attention to the process
i half seriously considered getting small cow bells to attach to my workers heels for this warning of presence/drum up work reason
Heres a little tip for ya then boar, which might save your workers the embarassment of being dressed like morris dancers...

Use a galvanised metal bucket for the waste and keep a metal gardening trowel or any other dirty tools in it. The constant clanging of the metal on metal gets lots of attention and lets lots of people down the street know what you're doing. :thumbsup:

I got mine from an old fashioned hardware store from the fireplace/cleaning section but heres a linky. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GLAVANISED-METAL-BUCKET-STEEL-WITH-HANDLE-HEAVY-DUTY-WATER-COAL-FIRE-9-12-15-L-/231350895691?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Garden_Plants_Pots_Window_Boxes_CV&var=&hash=item35dd96844b

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Not to worry...now you will have to get a set of drain rods if you want to use it but they are useless on gutter too /emoticons/biggrin.png

Clanking about to draw attention to yourself. I must remember that one /emoticons/biggrin.png

Hmmmm.... now where did I put me old metal bucket :rolleyes:

Was thinking this myself. It always amazes me just how little room there is to work on most modern gutters, you're lucky to be able to get fingers in. (a bit like being married)

Heres a little tip for ya then boar, which might save your workers the embarassment of being dressed like morris dancers...

Use a galvanised metal bucket for the waste and keep a metal gardening trowel or any other dirty tools in it. The constant clanging of the metal on metal gets lots of attention and lets lots of people down the street know what you're doing. :thumbsup:

I got mine from an old fashioned hardware store from the fireplace/cleaning section but heres a linky. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GLAVANISED-METAL-BUCKET-STEEL-WITH-HANDLE-HEAVY-DUTY-WATER-COAL-FIRE-9-12-15-L-/231350895691?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Garden_Plants_Pots_Window_Boxes_CV&var=&hash=item35dd96844b

Yes. Well someone else took my thunder. The tool makes it much easier when you are ladder ing the whole property.

i bleve you could increase trade with a helper letting off a warning hooter every 30 seconds or so that would draw attention to the process
i half seriously considered getting small cow bells to attach to my workers heels for this warning of presence/drum up work reason
Thats hilarious :)

I think that a road closure would ensure safety of the neibourhood, and maybe some of that red and white tape stretched around the perimeter of the garden would be good. ;-)

I always put hazzard warning cones out when working at the front of a property. Now that always gets the neighbours curtains twitching /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back