Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water Storage

Carlwindy

Just wondering how you guys store your pure water, I'm thinking of a 1000l ibc tank behind my shed, but what about winter surely it will freeze, I no it's along time away but just wondering what you do?? Thanks carl

store mine in a 1000lt ibc inside a small shed, with RO system in there and a heater to protect the RO system,

My water didnt freeze in there over this last winter and it got down to -13 here i think was the lowest.

I can't get the tank through the shed door lol, I might have to build a wooden hut round the tank then and put a heater in there. Do you use van mount or trolley?

i had to take the side of the shed off to get it into it! the shed isnt much bigger than the tank! lol

i use van mounted system

Good idea, I'm gonna do that /emoticons/smile.png only started water fed this year. I fell off my ladder in jan and broke my humerus so I got a trolley system and started doing tops water fed! Does the water freeze on windows in winter??

not good then, are you ok now? how you finding water fed pole?

it can do, winter can cause a few problems for us, got to keep system and pumps from freezing etc

Yeh I'm ok, got a nice 13" scar down back of my arm from the metal plate lol! Yeh I like it, I do 2weeks a month on houses and 2 weeks on bungalows, only use the pole for tops of houses and leaded jobs. I find it faster, was hard work at first tho lol. If the water freezes on windows do they still dry clean? Or is it best to just stay in bed on them freezing mornings??

lucky then, how long was u off work with it?

thats good then, saves carrying the ladders about then! it can dry clear still but sometimes can leave a mark or 2. all depends how cold it gets really,

I use a hot water system so can work in lower temps.

Was off work 8 weeks but all my family are window cleaners so they helped out with my work, if they don't I would of lost a lot of it with the amount of people starting up window cleaning round here lol. I went back after 8weeks one handed lol, back to using both hands now tho. Ill prob buy a little heater for my system to keep the water warm'ish, cheers for your help

hi remember your ibc tank cant be outside as sun will turn water green......

needs to be out the sun.

shed will be fine.....

Latest Posts

Back