Cleaning hard to reach windows

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Rich wain, Jun 19, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Rich wain

Rich wain Newcomer

Hi guys
    Im thinking of starting my own window cleaning business, I've done my research from technique, canvassing and equipment, but the only thing I'm struggling to find information on is cleaning windows on the first floor with a roof below (as in image) would it be best to clean from the ground with an extention pole or from ladders with pole, also how would you go about wiping the frame and sills on these types of windows? I want customers to look at their window and be pleased and not just think I've done half a job

Also any tips and tricks for newbies to window cleaning would be appreciated

Thank you [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

I would probably put my ladders on the brick between and reach out. Otherwise put the ladders to the side of each. It doesn't look to me like they have any sills to speak of, so no probs there. I wouldn't mind a road of houses like these. If you are going to clean the frames every time, make sure you put that into your price, in my experience frames have to be washed not just wiped, and that will add a bit more time (and will need a bit more effort). Personally I would not do the frames every time, unless asked for.

3. firefly123

firefly123 Member

doing tops like this get a water fed pole back pack a small di resin vessel bag of di resin and some 25 litre drums to put water in with this you can get the tops easy safely and quickly and sills to you need any more advice post a thread i do all my tops wfp and bottoms trad oh and a water fed pole brush

4. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Either wfp them, or just dig the ladder into the grass and use a ladder as normal, that's what I always do, or put the ladder above the windows so as to make the angle less severe

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

That is very easy with a ladder or for a maintenance clean wagtail on a pole and wipe sill over with the wagtail scrubber pad

6. cheapncheerful

I was going to say up the ladder and carefully put it on the gutter preferably on a bracket but as rugby said inbetween so you can do the two off one climb is a time saver..

sometimes if you get it right it also rests mid point on the gutter below so takes out any bounce..

anyway just wanted to say hi and welcome to the forum Rich wain :D

and keep us informed of your progress..

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Or use an ankalad and then no worries resting on gutter or fascia

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

How about just sell em a karcher window vac instead

9. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

sure you could get your ladder on that bottom sill
    mate footing ladder
    or trad pole it with sorbo squeegee

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Seriously why struggle with ladders when there are better ways to do awkward jobs like that.

WFP methods being in my opinion the best option on properties like that. Bish bosh the whole row of fronts could be done in no time on a regular clean. Might take a bit longer to do the backs due to access/back gates etc but would still be easy money than risking yer neck up & down ladders all day long.

Advertisement