Cleaning in different areas.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by harunh, Jun 9, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

I live in place where theirs two big towns within 6 miles of me in the opposite direction.

All my work is in 1 town. i wanted to get in to this area from day 1 and its worked out well at the moment

But on the other side of town i got 2 jobs 1 commercial (taxi office) and 1 domestic ( a flat above a high street barbers ) - these are both fort***hly every monday

i got another job today in the same town once every 4 weeks.... and fitted it in the same schedule as these.... :huh: I want to fill that day up to 15 customers :huh: then the other monday i want to do the same. Theirs no point in driving on 1 side of town for 2 jobs then all the way 2 the other town which is 12 miles adrift.... to do more jobs... so i am goign to canvass in this town to make my shcedule up :huh:

So i try and keep all my work within 1 mile from eachother each day :huh:

On the other side of town i got 36 customers out of 39... and its all compact and all the houses are close together just a 1 minute drive from each house :) so am really happy so far

Do any of you have all your work in a day within 1 mile ?

Or do u travel alot?

Advertisement
  2. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

90% would be within a 3 mile rAdius of my house and it's pretty compact. I do have 1 day a month I drive 20miles to do a days work and another about 12 miles away.. I have days where I drive 2 miles and walk all day.. And then all the loner days where it's do 1 drive do 1 drive but they set so it's only 2-3 mins drive in between

3. harunh

harunh Legend

good stuff belfast.. and 20 miles ! you must make some good money to drive that far :huh: lol

4. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Im new so my round is still all over the shot to be honest but as soon as i have enough customers in each area i will put them all in the same slots .

5. harunh

harunh Legend

Gav it is better to start doing it now.... from now on when u get a new customer.... put them in the schedule that suits you.... it will save you petrol money at the end of the day... make your round really compact and you will be laughing mate :huh:

I got a customer today and for it to suit me i had to book her on a week on monday... thats like 9 days time i explained to her i will clean your windows in 9 days time then from then i will be around evry 4 weeks :huh: and she was really happy with that :huh:

6. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Yes well it's only about 6 quid in diesel, 20 miles straight down motor way at 70+ feels like the ladders going to blow off.

7. harunh

harunh Legend

Lol i can imagine !

8. laddergarder

Most of my work is within about 10 minutes drive from my home, spread over three towns which is on each others doorstep. If you are working in various towns, then doing customers every two weeks is not an option. I had a few like that when we worked on a scheduling system. But when I changed over I made them every 4 weeks, because I didn't want to have to drive from one end of the round to the other to do a £5 job. That would be pointless. So now I just do customers when we are in that area, new customers just have to wait until we get there, if they want added in.

If I am canvassing I always try to canvass on the areas, that I will be doing over the next few days.

9. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

Good lump of my round is around 25 mile from we're I actually live so I do lot travelling

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3a4smr

10. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Id say all mine are within 5 miles of base at the moment im just trying to build up a customer base on each area .

Advertisement