cleaning in the rain (trad method)

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by colinvansmith, Mar 15, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hi guys,
    i'm trying to find out what the best criteria is to decide when to stop working in the rain ( traditional method cleaning only). I ask as i hate stopping for rain as i feel guilty as if i'm being lazy since its raining and i also feel i'm throwing money away.

Currently i'll keep working until i am soaked through or too many customers complain or my rags are getting soaked so easily i go through them far too quick.

Currently i ask my customers complaining this question "if i clean there windows on a bright sunny day then later that day it buckets down are your windows then dirty when thay dry out" usually the answer is no but yet even with this logic some of them complain.

How do you guys decide enough is enough on a wet day?

Colin :)

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Well i can't say for trad but if the windows still dry clean then it is down to how much you can take in that weather. i am wfp and generally work through unless it is really chucking it down. You will always get some that think they are not getting what they should when you clean in the rain.

3. maximus

maximus Guest

I struggle with this too. Some customers are a ***htmare. I just hope they'll not notice!

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

I drop them if they say any thing most of my customers are as good as gold some even paid me over the snow period just to keep me on and that I carried on cleaning their windows when weather got better as for the rain it slows me down a little most will pay regardless they want the window cleaning its going to rain anyway before you come next.what if it rains the following week do they want 3/4 of their money back or 2 weeks time give them 1/2 back or worst you have to clean them just after its rained,I bet they don't rewash their clothes after they put them on the line to dry and it rains while they out shopping then the sun comes out and dries them.People queing up for the car wash even in the rain,it is usually the tight ones and the ones that "Oh I had so much trouble trying to get a window cleaner"type that moan or cancel because of a little bit of rain.

5. greenclean

greenclean Guest

yeah does seem a little weird to complain the windows aren't getting cleaned because it's raining.

Advertisement