Cleaning In The Rain!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Tommy Zoom, Sep 24, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tommy Zoom

Tommy Zoom Member

Whats the deal with being able to clean in the rain? Is it true that if it rains whilst or after cleaning the windows with wfp, the rain water will not spot on the windows the same??
    how heavy does it have to be to not do your domestic work??

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Best you try it yourself and you will find out if it makes any difference or not.

3. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

It varies. Some windows are terrible for it., but most are fine, expecially if they're the upvc kind. If it's just spitting, it wont make a difference, but if it gets to the point where the water is going to run off the walls onto the glass, then it'll wash dirt down with it and ruin your job.

You can always say if you're not happy give us a call and I'll come back and redo them - if you have a whole day of work you might have to sack off its better to do this and get called back to maybe 2 or 3 than lose a whole days work ..

Another key concept for rainy days: Holiday homes..

4. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I did a first clean the other day and was chucking it down before I finished but that was wfp and as said first clean and was pretty bad so they were pleased anyway. I've first cleaned in a thunder storm trad though on 2 same day and they are still customers.

5. rs2315

rs2315 Member

Wind is your enemy :Image1: .
    If it's lashing and windy with it, you won't see me out.

I've worked in heavy rain many times, but if no wind then you don't have a problem with rain on glass.

In winter I turn for home when I'm getting cold because the rain has got through all the layers and i'm starting to feel miserable, not because I'm concerned about rain on glass.

In 30 years I've lost one customer to cleaning in the rain, (TRUE) not a bad average.

i've had plenty of comments and rolls of the eyes from customers. :Image15:
    But if you can work in bad weather cleaning windows for years, you can certainly put up with a few comments from customers.

Thick skinned.

rs2315.

6. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

I have cleaned in the rain and they have come up ****, now I save hotels for the bad days

7. norm

norm Grand Master

Out today in heavy drizzle.I clean trad. got a couple of negative comments I just tell them its liquid sunshine, or windows are still cleaned some I tell its not the rain its the wind blowing dirt seems to keep them happy[ish]

8. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

some will clean in rain and all the custys love it, other will clean in the rain and all there custys will cancel on them, ask your self the question, "would you want your windows cleaned In this weather"

i had a mate who use to clean in the rain, packed it in now, i seen him once him and his 1 member of staff, dressed in full water proofs, jackets and hats, the type fishermen wear, the rain out side was running down the road like a little river, it was really bad and he was moaning that every custy had turned him away that morning

9. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

I dont clean in the rain unless its builders cleans or for housing association, the rain is one of my reasons i keep my windows to 3 days a week worth of rain and fill the other days up with gutter cleans and the odd jet wash job, that way if i have a couple days of rain i can always catch up the windows at the end of the week and just shuffle a gutter clean in on the wet days

10. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

it will only be a problem if its windy or for some reason the water runs down the house on the the glass but this rarely happens

Advertisement