Cleaning in the rain.

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Damo J, Mar 1, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Damo J

Damo J Member

So as it is literaly ******* it down in sunny derbyshire. Is there any tips for cleaning windows in the rain? Anything to make it just a little more bearable.. Purely trad btw..

Bracing myself for some sarcasm.. Lol.

Advertisement
  2. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Stay at home till is passes, light rain OK, but heavy rain all your going to do is annoy your customers, as it's pointless cleaning them if rain is boucncing around off the brickwork and on to the glass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Markyboy 50

I'm not a money grabber. I will go out when it stops. Or even leave it til tomo. Not supposed to stop til midday in norfolk

4. Markyboy 50

Although if u do work in the rain that's up to you. Hats off to you. I just don't like getting wet. Not worth the money to me

5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

bit harsh that Markyboy 50. Not everyone is sitting so pretty they can afford to miss a days work regardless of the weather.
    Like yourself, if I miss some I just get caught up later but I do het annoyed if I cant finish a day on schedule.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Markyboy 50

I did put a dis claimer in my next message:)

7. Damo J

Damo J Member

Yea im no money grabber lol. My first job starts to die down now, so losing a few days a week. This is helping keep the steady income, so sometimes needs is must.

8. Markyboy 50

You will prob lose customers if u trad in the rain mate. I'm just trad. Can't waste my customers time in the rain. I will do commercials in the rain tho

9. Damo J

Damo J Member

Fair enough, first cust was happy for me to carry on, even made me a brew bless her. Did also say if shes not happy with them when they're dry ill redo them for free. Its stopped now anyway. Onwards and upwards.

10. Posh

Posh Hero

I've just stopped & called it a day. Its falling down here & like markyboy I won't clean when it's like this. My own opinion is I'm not being fair on my customers.
    But again thumps up to those that do. I won't knock people who do.

Advertisement