cleaning in the rain

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by charlie tapper, Oct 13, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. charlie tapper

I only clean when its spitting/drizzling not when its heavy.

how about all you guys?? customers dont really appreciate cleaning when heavy rain even tho i know its been said cleaning in the heavy rain makes no difference.

any comments ??

Advertisement
  2. Ken

Ken Guest

I clean if I can through some light rain, if it's windy and hitting windows its a judgement call.
    Depends on the customers too, a fair few of my customers are never in day time, so what they don't know....
    Windows are clean so no complaints.

3. MathewL

MathewL Guest

It can make a difference especially when you are cleaning windows. Also it is not safe to clean in the heavy rain. There is always a danger that you might slip during rain while cleaning.

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

Just wondered if you clean when it's dry :huh:
    If your working off ladders it can get quite dangerous,I've slipped on ladders a couple of times with wet shoes and wet rungs.
    Never have a problem with WFP just gets uncomfortable when your pants get wet (maybe too much tea) I think being sensible and holding up in heavy rain early lunch sometimes.

5. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I'm same as Ken.
    Wearing glasses and working wfp in the rain does not mix well.

6. nearlyclean

Supplier

I wear glasses and i find wearing a peaked cap (baseball cap or similar) helps keep the drops of rain off my glasses.

7. cleansrvc

cleansrvc Guest

Use small mob for cleaning outside windows, this is easier and faster way to clean you home specially in rainy season.

8. WFP all the way. But I don't work in heavy rain....only because I like staying dry! :p

9. mark44

mark44 Guest

Cleaning in rain...not easy. I clean when ever I get time :)

Advertisement