Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

For Those Who Employ.?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ACW

After a bit of advice please.

For those who employ, do you provide them with the best kit available?

I'm thinking that they may respect it more if it is good quality and makes they're tasks easier etc.

Am I being naive here?

depends who you employ,

do they respect the kit?? would it be worth paying out £100's of pounds if they break things, just throw it about etc.

i'll be getting my first employee soon and im not going to spend much on kit, for them.

if you do buy more kit, buy the kit for you then give them the old stuff!

What if they are doing a majority of the work?
doesn't matter. until you know what they are like then I wouldn't bother,

if they damage something or break something with out you knowing then who ends up paying for it!!!

get them working with the gear you have already, if the equipment is good enough for you then its good enough for a worker to use!

I am looking to take Someone on on the near future to help me out and also be out on there own while I'm doing my 2nd job.

So their equipment will be the same I'm using. I will be highlighting the importance of looking after the kit, I think it might help if they are new to window cleaning as they won't be throwing it around everywhere?

On the subject of employment, how has everyone gone about taking on people as I have a few options - family, mates, work colleagues Etc..

I am interested to know how you have gone about finding the right person?

Cheers

Jack

personally I wouldn't take friends or work colleagues on.

family maybe,

its hard to find the right person, trial and error.

i have found it hard getting good mate at moment

done ok in past but since my nephew left canny get anyone decent, strange when your used to having your regular mate then they leave

its like two steps backwards

fingers crossed for Saturday my daughter is coming with me cleaning just Saturdays needs extra cash

disaster waiting to happen ha ha

RC just helping her out my mate wont work saturdays the daughter is of to australia january so she is saving hard

she is prepared to graft good on her

Trial and error.

Right enough. My brother in-law has given me a hand in the past.

Not a bad relationship, not to close to make it awkward if you tell him to hop it!!

RC just helping her out my mate wont work saturdays the daughter is of to australia january so she is saving hard

she is prepared to graft good on her
that's good then! so paying her that £2.50 for the days work will do her good then! lol

give them old heavy poles, then moan that there jobs take for ever and they moan there arms hurt, you then go out with lovely full carbon pole sand show quickly it can be done, to many people give employes **** tools then moan about **** jobs

give them a reach it pole with its great guarantee

This idea I like, thank you.

Current gear as emergency back up! Gonna need a longer pole than my clx27 anyway. Part of the reason I'm going down this route actually; overarching and working too close to buildings.

Aquadapters all round too I think.

Andy

give them old heavy poles, then moan that there jobs take for ever and they moan there arms hurt, you then go out with lovely full carbon pole sand show quickly it can be done, to many people give employes **** tools then moan about **** jobs

give them a reach it pole with its great guarantee

depends who you employ,

do they respect the kit?? would it be worth paying out £100's of pounds if they break things, just throw it about etc.

i'll be getting my first employee soon and im not going to spend much on kit, for them.

if you do buy more kit, buy the kit for you then give them the old stuff!
They shouldnt be an employee if they wont respect your kit or you, simple really.

They shouldnt be an employee if they wont respect your kit or you, simple really.
might be to late to find out, as you wont know until after you have given them a job and they have been working with it!

have seen so many people, not just in window cleaning in other trades too, that have company van and tools and they just throw them about, don't pack them properly etc.

might be to late to find out, as you wont know until after you have given them a job and they have been working with it!

have seen so many people, not just in window cleaning in other trades too, that have company van and tools and they just throw them about, don't pack them properly etc.
Thats where being a good judge of character and reference's come in.

I'm a rubbish judge of character apparently.

I am swayed towards decent equipment though. I'm currently trying to explain (gently) to one trainee that any spots, runs and streaks are down to method error but he seems adamant any problem I point out is something to do with my (000ppm btw) water, wrong brush, sun, rain to name but a few excuses. I go to great lengths to demonstrate that I too make mistakes but he doesn't appear capable of accepting that HE is falable. I despair....

Latest Posts

Back