Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Brush

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

I got the brush today. Ive not had a chance to use it yet cause my part for my poles not came.

From looking at it though its look of a good quality. I like how the bristles are glued in? Im not sure how I would go about using the scrapper but thats is the highlight of the brush for me. The bristle spread out lot better too. The go in to the corners better. (I used it on the inside of my house with my hands, dont judge me! lol)

On the rare occasion you will need the scraper, you have to adjust the angle adapter a few clicks to get the correct angle for the brush scraper.

The last time I used brush scraper was directly over a conservatory roof, the pole extend 25ft, the pole being more horizontal then vertical. I didn’t collapse the pole I just lowered it then set the correct angle for the scraper, put it up to the window, scraped off the muck from the glass then lowered the pole and reset the correct brush angle. The whole process took about 20 seconds; the muck came off in about 2 seconds with the brush scraper.

If you have not use the brush scraper before, it might take you 1 or 2 tries before you can set the correct angle for the scrapers edge to work instantly.

(The Tecbuk scrub pad that Belfastcleaning has can be set and kept at the correct angle at the same time the brush is set at the correct angle, they work independently of each other)

Richard

On the rare occasion you will need the scraper' date=' you have to adjust the angle adapter a few clicks to get the correct angle for the brush scraper.[/i'] 

The last time I used brush scraper was directly over a conservatory roof, the pole extend 25ft, the pole being more horizontal then vertical. I didn’t collapse the pole I just lowered it then set the correct angle for the scraper, put it up to the window, scraped off the muck from the glass then lowered the pole and reset the correct brush angle. The whole process took about 20 seconds; the muck came off in about 2 seconds with the brush scraper.

If you have not use the brush scraper before, it might take you 1 or 2 tries before you can set the correct angle for the scrapers edge to work instantly.

(The Tecbuk scrub pad that Belfastcleaning has can be set and kept at the correct angle at the same time the brush is set at the correct angle, they work independently of each other)

Richard

I only need it for rare occasions. I dont come across much sh!t on windows when using WFP but when I do its a real pain. I dont mind taking it back down and adjusting it. It would be quicker than me getting a ladder off and doing it that way haha.

Thanks for clearing that up

Yes I've not got the knack of the scraper yet, but have wondered if it was 5 mm longer and a slightly more acute angle whether it might then work easily on standard windows without altering the adapter?

I could look into making longer scrapers Chip, changing the angle though is more tricky Doing that raises the other problems, window cleaners often work at different positions & angles so having the ability to adjust the scraper is definitely needed.

What I could do is look into making a new type of scraper, and put it where the small scrub pad is that way it is independent from the brush and can be set into position, like the brush but can also be adjusted.

Richard

I only need it for rare occasions. I dont come across much sh!t on windows when using WFP but when I do its a real pain. I dont mind taking it back down and adjusting it. It would be quicker than me getting a ladder off and doing it that way haha.
Thanks for clearing that up
No problem ,,,, the scraper is good when it is used and it does save time.

Richard

Yes, I have already made prototypes, but I am more interested in making a bigger brush with the same weight.

Richard

‘M’ I don’t sell prototypes brushes – I make specials up though and I might with these later in the year. The brushes are a bit lighter, but no quicker to use than the current Aerial range.

Belfastcleaning, I think it’s questionable on whether you need a sill brush for maintence cleans, and you can adjust the angle adapter if you need to on first cleans to get full use from a brush to clean the sills. I haven’t used a sill brush in over 5 years; I do test sill brushes and find no benefit in time or end result. The Tecbuk brushes have 100mm splay of the brush bristles combined with a 40mm wide brush stock, means all the brush can be used to clean the window and it is still good for cleaning the sills.

When I clean my customer’s sills, I place the brush bristles on the sill (not the brush stock, but it wont matter if you do) and slide the brush back & forth along the length of the sill, takes to 2 seconds, if I think it needs more than this, I repeat.

Richard

Back