Cleaning Method And Pricing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Mr B shine, May 18, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Mr B shine

Mr B shine Active Member

I am going to try this question in a diffrent way.

as a traditional cleaner I have been showen on a house at £10 say

Normal windows applicator and squegie then cloth edges

modern leaded, the stick on type, wet cloth then dry cloth rub 50% extra so it is a £15 house

georgian wooded or plastic, wet cloth then dry cloth rub, double normal price so £20

The modern new build estate houses with the sill plastic bars that are stuck onto the glass and make a normal piece of glass into fout parts..........I am unsure of the best meathiod for them or how to price them/

How do other people price in relation to all this. cheers

Advertisement
  2. Major_MInus

Major_MInus Active Member

A lot of people would just judge it on how long the window would take to clean and price accordingly... So if it's the same as a normal window that you would clean with an applicator and squeegie then I would probably price the same as the time taken to clean would be approximately the same. If it takes longer/the same as modern leaded then adjust as necessary, and so on.

Having said that I am no expert by any means and there are far more experienced people on here who can help... that's just my two cents anyway! Many price by the time it takes to clean, I guess that's something that comes with experience lol :Image7:

3. OoO

OoO Guest

Price as you doing now.

I'm afraid we are picking up houses left right and centre from these "new estates with stuck on bars" as we are WFP.

last two Georgian houses have been priced at £13 and £14 trad cleaner was charging £20 plus.

We are charging less but we do the house in less time. Customer gets cheaper price and we get the house.

My advice would be to stick to your pricing maybe avoid the new estates as to be honest I very very rarely see traditional cleaners on these new estates. Harsh but true.

4. Mr B shine

Mr B shine Active Member

I am getting pleanty of work but i feel i am having to price them higher than wfp will which leaves it open for them to undercut me, I am starting to consider looking at getting some wfp for this reason and then it would allow me to look at commercial work as well giving the buissness more scope.

would you say this is a fair assesment?

5. OoO

OoO Guest

WFP Is usually more expensive on most houses. But on these cheap style Georgian houses or leaded WFP seems to be cheaper.

Getting setup for WFP doesn't cost a bomb.

But you view is spot on.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Indeed...That's why so many trad guy's turn to using wfp aswell. :Image9:

7. Posh

Posh Hero

That's right smurf. I am 100% trad but could not do without my backpack & pole. I must use it on at least 100 house which is a quater of my round.

8. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

I AM all trad do find these new builds with the dormers a nightmare ,walking on slanted roofs, ladders kicked out not good.
    I dont take on any more of this work takes to long and the roofs are not the best .W F P could be the way to go even just for tops

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

[SIZE=10.5pt]I've probably said this before lads like Posh mentioned a good trade person should choose the most suited tools & equipment for the job that will make it easier/safer to do. Not to mention the potential to increase turnover/profits whilst doing so which is a big plus in itself.[/SIZE]

10. Vince Green

Vince Green Active Member

You are dead right its not good, its just a job, not worth getting yourself killed or seriously injured just so some customer has shiny windows, WFP for definite

Advertisement