Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

worker woes

B

boarcity

what would you do here?

one of my workers been with me 1.5 yrs , nice lad but a bit unstable. a bit of an attitude to authority . has been couch surfing the last month after getting into a fight at the flats where he lived. each morning iv picked him up from a different address [where hes couch surfed] . you might already be thinking your a silly sod running round, but hear me out

this morning get a text where hes goin to be so i get along there. he isnt there, i wait well past time i should then text him where the fuk are you. call him- no reply

then i leave and go pick up tother workers and we get on with the work . i hear nothing from him and without him the days a killer ,other lads feel his letting them down and he wont answer their texts . when i get home i see hes been posting all day on facebook, nothing in particular but it proves hes alive n kicking

Last edited:
its hard when you have good grafter, they are hard to get

why not give him some gd advice and hard word otherwise he is going to take ****

your other work mates will get really ****** off if he dos,int sort himself out

I'd take him for a pint man to man and offer abit off advice regarding the way he is carrying on!

Explain he wouldn't be able to do it in another job the perks off the job etc you have already said you pick him up everyday there's a perk right there no travel expense etc

He may need guidance

What I do is we meet at costa every morning at a certain time unless I get a text saying running late then if we've drunk up off we go and the one not turned up gets a day's pay docked 3 times without good reason there gone!!!

Although I do try and offer um incentives like little bonuses and good rates of pay and if the work hard the get a pay increase each year

Seems to work for me the longest lad I have working for me has been now for 7 year

I'd say he probably is a messed up young lad Jonny, so more than anything he needs help, but as for work, maybe let him go unless he seeks help for his issues... These kind of lads tend to do this every few months, they have no stability, which results in inconsistent work...

You'll work it out, otherwise you can sell all your work to me and just retire :thumbsup:

Employ someone that has bills to pay. They have to turn up then.

Get rid.

Pay him, and give him a week off to get his act together, or he's gone. Might just need a little wake up call and a chance to sort it...

cheers for the tips/advice lads- i had a word with him this morning , he told me his heads all messed up at the moment , then started to blub .

he agreed on how hes got to improve and worked well today-im glad i didnt sack him on a knee jerk reaction

cheers for the tips/advice lads- i had a word with him this morning , he told me his heads all messed up at the moment , then started to blub . he agreed on how hes got to improve and worked well today-im glad i didnt sack him on a knee jerk reaction
I'm glad you didnt sack him too. He sounds like an allright lad that just needs a bit of a kick up the ****, along with a bit of understanding. You did the right thing. :thumbsup:

Fair play Boar,

You sound like a good guy,

Yeah a beer , coffee with the guy and a second chance ,

Pat on the back and away you go but if it happens again

Let him go your not a social worker

Back