Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Minibore or microbore

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I use 8mm microbore as I find a long length of 6mm minibore puts a lot of strain on the pump.

I find my 8 mm hose dosent kink mind i ve only had it 6 months . My 6 mm on my trolley kinks quite easy but I've had that 2 yrs

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had 6mm for a couple of years now no probs with pump. Prefer it as it's less weight to drag around /emoticons/smile.png

I found the minibore too awkward, while the minibore fits my trolley reel much better. But then everybody has their own preferences.

Cheers boys, I have read that the 8mm minibore gives a higher flow rate than the 6mm microbore ie you will use more water?

Cheers boys, I have read that the 8mm minibore gives a higher flow rate than the 6mm microbore ie you will use more water?
Your water use depends on your flow controller. Turn it down for less, up for more.

I use 3/4 inch, 1/2 inch normal garden hose, microbore 8mm id or minibore 6mm id depending what I'm doing as can never make my mind up /emoticons/tongue.png

That reminds me I need some more hose /emoticons/biggrin.png

Just for the record folks; microbore is 6mm and minibore is 8mm /emoticons/tongue.png

Latest Posts

Back