Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar panels

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Laugher

Hopefully gonna get a pole system soon and was thinking that nobody in my area does solar panel cleaning, I've just got a couple questions if you can help me out thank you

You need different public liability to clean the panels?

How to you price it? By the panel?

And how much do you charge?

you will need to make sure that you are covered on your insurance first, if not it might allow you to add it to it.

i have a set price of £30 for 16 panel systems that i clean, then £3 per one if there is more,

you could price per panel if you wanted to.

Can I question ur pricing? Lol how come U do the first 16 at about 1.50 a panel then they get more expensive for more, surely the first lot should be more expensive then any extras slightly less as ur already there with ur kit out. Wot if they have 32 panels is that bout 90 quid?

Can I question ur pricing? Lol how come U do the first 16 at about 1.50 a panel then they get more expensive for more, surely the first lot should be more expensive then any extras slightly less as ur already there with ur kit out. Wot if they have 32 panels is that bout 90 quid?
just how i've done it really, cause thats what other people have charged per one.

You also need to consider the investment in a big pole too that you could reach to clean solar panels on domestic roofs from the ground. Therefore would have to do a lot of high level work to warrent spending out about a grand on a decent lightweight wfp.

I'll check my insurance company first, I was thinking of charging £5 a panel or is that to much? I see window cleaning warehouse are doing a kit for £300 with 27ft glass fibre pole would that be 2 heavy? What wat pole would you recommend?

I only have a 30ft fibre glass pole and I use it all day so don't think it'll be too heavy...

But I do wish it was longer sometimes so I'd suggest getting the longest you can afford.

5 quid a panel? 16 panels=£80 go in at half that and you might get some takers IMO. Others will say a 45' pole will do the job. How much is the Gardiner SLX? £500 odd, get the customers first then buy the pole.

Ok thanks fort a fiver maybe pushing it a bit lol could I use a pole that I use for windows and change the push when I need to or is that to much hassle? Just fort it would save me some money to begin with instead paying out for 2 poles

Don't invest too much money, the company who installed the panels will contact the customer from time to time and offer to clean them "professionally" in most instances. Also it won't be long before the customers all realise that cleaning them doesn't improve the output and that the whole thing is not worth spending money on.

Don't invest too much money, the company who installed the panels will contact the customer from time to time and offer to clean them "professionally" in most instances. Also it won't be long before the customers all realise that cleaning them doesn't improve the output and that the whole thing is not worth spending money on.
it does improve the output on them when they are clean, can get upto 30% more out of a clean one than a dirty one, if not more if you are in a bad area!

the company i clean them for have a monitoring system on each of there systems and the customer can see the change as i clean them for each panel.

Urmmmm its been proven time and time again that they need cleaning. Ideally twice a year. UK was slow in getting the technology. Europe has had solar panels for years. You only have to check out the goggle experiment on there mega super duper mega wega whattage farm.

Back