Cleaning Or Wiping?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Joe, Jun 26, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Joe

Joe Active Member

Hello

Ive just been cleaning some PVC window frames and sills that where filthy on a 1st clean.

Ideally I would have liked to get them completely clean and maybe even a bit glossy looking, but i had to make do with a "surface clean"- removing the dirt that had built up but personally i wouldnt have been happy with them if id paid for it. I realised it was going to take me a long time otherwise.

Do you guys get them spotless on a 1st clean? If so what do you use?

Advertisement
  2. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Like you said normally do a surface clean.

If they want them shining clean like brand new it will take effort, and I charge for it, call it a upvc clean(mostly sills are dirty black) this will get them looking like new.

For the Upvc clean I got this stuff from a window cleaning shop, its called lemon cream cleanser a mild abrasive(not as abrasive as Cif)

3. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Yea if they want them sparkling then it's big dollars! I just wipe them, today I done a first clean, frames were really bad with dirt, wiped them, but the frames have faded grey..

4. Joe

Joe Active Member

Cheers Lads! Thought i was doing myself out of pocket haha! Getting there now cleaning wise, would like a few bigger windows to test my fanning out on, stuck using a 6" squeegee on the windows ive been cleaning :(

5. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I like to bring most up pretty clean, I only charge for that if they really grimy and black. After first clean it's done and don't have to do it again.

6. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Get yourself a bigger channel joe, I had a lad out learning with me and started him off on a 10 inch as he kept leaving bits using a 14.

7. Joe

Joe Active Member

I do have bigger channels- 12, 14 & 18 but you cant fan on some of the smaller windows. Its just practice really mate!

Advertisement