Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New FaceLift backpack is out...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ive just got the bigboy. So far I rate 8/8 but dont put it on your back... you wont last long that way.
Yeah that's the one I have. Carried it about for a week before I bought a trolley for it haha. Far too heavy!

Just saw this and thought it was decent for the introductory price for others who are making the move to WFP /emoticons/smile.png

Yeah that's the one I have. Carried it about for a week before I bought a trolley for it haha. Far too heavy!
Just saw this and thought it was decent for the introductory price for others who are making the move to WFP /emoticons/smile.png
Im buying a flat trolley, i will upload photos in my intro thread, ive pretty much explained my rig in there, take a look /emoticons/smile.png

Oh, how high do you set your flow? View attachment 11432
About 1/4 up most of the time unless the pole is fully extended and the water might need a bit more of a push!

Great pack though, hasn't run out of battery on me once yet. Got it mounted to a flat light weight trolley with a pull up handle so nice and compact in the back of my van when not in use. I'll send a pic tomorrow.

About 1/4 up most of the time unless the pole is fully extended and the water might need a bit more of a push!
Great pack though, hasn't run out of battery on me once yet. Got it mounted to a flat light weight trolley with a pull up handle so nice and compact in the back of my van when not in use. I'll send a pic tomorrow.
That's pressure you need when extending the pole not flow.

Took delivery of the new Facelift yesterday, here's my review:

The first thing that is apparent when removing the packaging is that it's another Chinese Kobold model.

I was intrigued to have a look at the Lithium Ion battery it's in a compartment at the front behind a lid, it's very small and just slots in and out according to the manual it will easily last all day.

Didn't work yesterday so cleaned my own windows, I started by turning on to full flow it delivers plenty of water, others may not have this problem depending on set up but I use 5mm Sureclean pole hose or Aquadapter blue hose as my main hose but if it's not set on full flow it exudes a whistling noise same as the Gardiner Kobold V2, it may not make any difference performance wise but it could be annoying.

One downside is that it's only 18 litres but I think the whole idea of this was to release a unit that was light and versatile and a useful addition to your equipment. One other downside is no easy access to the pressure switch again, I find that with seasonal temperature fluctuations my hose can go stiff and twist so it would be nice to be able to easily adjust the switch ideally when it's running.

So overall verdict is it's an interesting option with the ability to slide a spare battery into the compartment charge that one up and put it in the van as a ready to use spare certainly worth considering.

There is no hard and fast rule with flow you should use what you need, depends on how dirty the job is, how big is the glass, on new cleans I do the frames and glass on low just to agitate the dirt lose, then go all over twice on high with 2 rinses.

The only down side for me is I make my pure as I use it , so I would have to fill it through the pump in the van?

First person to build a purpose made backpack will be top dog imo. These weed sprayers are a pain in the hoop.
What would you change though? They serve the purpose intended as they are I find. Decent battery, good water capacity, nothing tethered to a van and no need for a continuous water source. Not sure what I'd like different tbh

Im trad, but looking at wfp options as a backup.

Windowcleaning warehouse were doing a special offer of the bigboy backpack, hose and the unger hiflo nlite and 4 x 25l containers for a decent price they have stopped that offer now.

What pole would you recommend with this backpack?

What would you change though? They serve the purpose intended as they are I find. Decent battery, good water capacity, nothing tethered to a van and no need for a continuous water source. Not sure what I'd like different tbh
I have only been using mine a few months and I already have a bunch of ideas for improvements, it's just how my mind works when it comes to tools. I'd rather keep them under my hat for now though just in case Gardiner, facelift or anyone else wants them. It'll push the price up, but make it a whole lot better to use.

I have only been using mine a few months and I already have a bunch of ideas for improvements, it's just how my mind works when it comes to tools. I'd rather keep them under my hat for now though just in case Gardiner, facelift or anyone else wants them. It'll push the price up, but make it a whole lot better to use.
Fair one mate, look forward to seeing them once you're on an agreement for royalties

Im trad, but looking at wfp options as a backup.
Windowcleaning warehouse were doing a special offer of the bigboy backpack, hose and the unger hiflo nlite and 4 x 25l containers for a decent price they have stopped that offer now.

What pole would you recommend with this backpack?
That's what I got. It also included the Unger DI filter which is excellent. I got a basic Unher Alu pole but it's heavy and cumbersome at full length so I'm on the look out for a composite one now. Weighing up the Water Genie Barracuda (best value) or the Phoenix hybrid series (more expensive).

Build quality for one, just had to repair a leaking hose, I'm always taking mine apart, it's about time someone came out with a better quality unit other than these Kobolds.

Latest Posts

Back