Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Do You...?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

W

Wheatie

It's ok everyone I'm back on here with more questions I'm not dead it's ok! Lol!

I have my notepad and pen out working out prices over a area I would like my rounds. I have always put the word out on my estate where I live at the moment about if they would like a window cleaner, and response has been great. As its a military estate, and I will be ex-military as of December I would will be doing abit of military discount! Now the house ain't that big, there not hard to access, but a backpack will sort that out or the good old Trad way.

The area has some good sized house, and some about 10min drive away are huge! But for these houses how do you price up, I don't want to over charge but don't want to sell myself to cheap! I know for a house like mine with 2 of the biggest windows being at 67inches by 54 inches and 3 more at 55inches by 31inches 4 more windows which are very small I once had a quote roughly £20.

Some of the bigger houses in my area have the windows which are just not the big panel of glass but with what you could call the little windows within a huge panel! Apologies if this is confusing. I'm no expert by far but I would maybe say these need to be done by Trad and too big for a WFP because fitting the brush in the small area of the glass?

I'm not 100% sure on this pricing situation! But getting by business plan up and running now, so once I have the funds in December start of January I know what I have to buy and all the paper work up and running and I can concentrate on getting work, building rounds, get advertising and making aliving out of this great trade!!

Cheers once again everyone!

It is diffuicult with out pictures ,The job you are talking about sounds about £15 round my way .Are you still up for the 24th if so that should give you a good idea on how to price .

yeah mate welll i earn roughly between £16-24 per hour mate average

But on 1 day i may clean 3 houses @ £7.00 in 1 hour

then the next day i may clean another 3 houses @ £6.00 in 1 hour /emoticons/smile.png

thats how it is mate

then i might clean a £12.00 house which takes me half an hour /emoticons/smile.png Then i may clean 2 fronts of houses for £5.00 which will take me 30 mins /emoticons/smile.png

u get me mate ? i dont price up by how many windows this and that lol cos if i did.... i would be doubling up my prices /emoticons/tongue.png lol

I charge by the 'frame', irrespective of the size or number of windows within it. If it is a 3 sided bay window, I price it as 3 frames. If it is a small frame with a single small pane, that's 1 frame in my book. The large and small frames balance each other out, which keeps it simple from a pricing point of view.

John

Ok that's great help thank you guys. I will take a photo of my house later and get it up loaded and see what you guys would price it at?

Cheers

I price per frame .

Small windows 50p

Larger windows £1

Bays £3

Pvc doors £2

This usually works out to around £10 /!£12 per house depending but you need to try and read the customer to find out wether or not they will pay .

I price per frame .

Small windows 50p

Larger windows £1

Bays £3

Pvc doors £2

This usually works out to around £10 /!£12 per house depending but you need to try and read the customer to find out wether or not they will pay .
I like how you that mate!!!

Back