Cleaning Soffits And Fascias

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by entytwiss, Jun 2, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. entytwiss

entytwiss Member

I have a high pressure power washer and it has the standard small length of hose etc
    If its suitable to clean fascias n soffits with a pressure washer what can I buy that allows me to reach second story houses gutters , fascias n soffits etc
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. PMA Window Cleaning

I wouldn't use a jet wash. Make a right mess.

Use Water Fed Pole and some chemicals "Virosol"

3. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

4. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

I agree with PMA water fed is easier and less mess.

5. OoO

OoO Guest

Problem is you get the work done quicker, but end up cleaning walls, windows and sometimes even neighbours cars, walls, windows etc etc.

ubik 2000 and water fed pole

6. Daniel N Bowhay

Daniel N Bowhay Newcomer

Hello
    i regularly use a petrol pressure washer with high reach lance and other attachments. It makes reaching 2nd and 3rd story gutters etc very easy and takes no time at all with little effort. It leaves an excellent finish on all surfaces especially ornate conservatory roofs. It can lead to further work as the same equipment can be used to clean patios, driveways, walls and the like.

When pressure washing mess does occur. But it is not excessive. The customer will expect there to be some mess as he needs a cleaning job done! Clean gutters out before if you can and refrain from blasting gutters or channels free of dirt if possible. At times i have had to blast dirt out of heavily clogged gutters but with planning mess can be kept under control. In fact washing down the customers patio, wall etc after the job finished takes no time at all and leaves a very good impression with the client. It has also lead to other work as they see how other areas can be cleaned.

Perhaps the only drawback is water consumption. Nine times out of ten i use an outside tap onsite. The customer usually expects this to be the case. If this is not available then you have to bring your own! Could be a problem if the job is large.

DB Cleaning Services
    Penarth

Advertisement