Cleaning Tall Bay Windows On 1St Floor

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Jez86, Mar 12, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jez86

Jez86 Member

These are my least favourite windows to do and normally don't bother with the hassle of moving the ladders so much as you can't reach the top of the window with the ladder on the sill. ... But I got a call today of the son of a lady's I already do, I didn't turn it down because I know it's gonna be a good price as hers is £14 for a dorma bungalow and the house I'm doing tomorrow is a large detached. How does everyone else do these windows?? I've seen window cleaners rest the ladder on the frame half way up but I'm not keen... Anyone else have any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Any pics? You are talking about a frame with glass above and below, yeah? When ever I've had something like this, I've set the ladder at a more vertical angle so you're not putting as much force/pressure on the frame. I tend to lean back when at the top of the ladder to take the weight off the frame a bit more.

I would not recommend this btw.

3. james44

james44 Well-Known Member

i know a cleaner who uses an extension pole to reach the top! or you could just use a pole from the ground!

4. Mart1001

Mart1001 Well-Known Member

I bought myself a 2ft extension pole the other day, for exactly this purpose.

I was abit annoyed with myself actually and I was going to mention this in the canvassing section. I had picked up a new customer and priced the house up at £7. The bottom windows have those small windows above the normal panes and it wasn't until I started the job, that I realised I couldn't reach them...even though I'm 6'2. So I had to go round with my ladder and wish I'd added a quid on because of this.

So, remember when you price up....ask yourself, can I reach all the bottom windows ;)

Mart.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Don't forget the top 1st floor windows aswell :)

6. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

Won't your ladders reach the top of the frame?

7. Jez86

Jez86 Member

Thanks for the advice :) got there this morning and they weren't as tall as I though so I could just about reach lol :)

8. Jez86

Jez86 Member

*thought

Advertisement