Cleaning The Soffit And Fascia?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by buzzing, Mar 31, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

I have an extension pole first with a sponge and soapy then use some clothes to wipe off the soap, is this the right way? Also, I have to push the clothes into the grooves in the soffit and fascia, which is tiring to get it really clean. I charge £10/hr, seems like hard work, so £15 for an hr and a half work on a bungalow. Is there a better way or easier way and should I charge more?

2013-03-29 13.28.18.jpg

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. HotWash Window Cleaners

Remind me which century those pictures were taken in, lol. Looks like hard work to me. If you are traditional style get up the ladder, if not then I am afraid wfp all the way.

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

If you're charging by the hour you'll make a small fortune cleaning them using this method.

Get up ya ladder if you want to do them quicker.

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

You could buy a wfp, not the hole kit just the pole and brush. Just attach it to the customers tap. Failing that use your ladder and go up and clean them by hand. I would charge well more than that

5. mr shine

mr shine Guru

you would be wise to convert a harris pole and buy a cheap backpack and it would a lot easier and faster and safer for you, id say around 150 would cover it . most lads charge at least 3 quid a linear meter and youd make a minium of 20 per hour so well worth investing in .

6. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

Ignore hogwash,at least your having a go mate,might be easier getting up a ladder though mate when safe to do so.

7. John B

John B Active Member

I get up there on the ladders and wash them using an applicator sleeve, then wipe with a damp, then dry cloth to buff them up.

Makes a nice little add on, and can be done in the rain. As Adyspurs said, make sure your safe though.

John

8. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

M is right, I did two by hand, and it was the worst thing I have ever done, took me ages, and even worst when it was in the summer on a really hot day!

I invested in a wfp and 50m hozlelock hose
    And virosol, hook up hose to mains water supply and away you go

9. petehughesy

petehughesy Active Member

I usually do them off the ladder, hot soapy water and micro fibre cloths, altho I do have a old sill saver brush I stick on me pole now and use that

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Advertisement