Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is Having A Window Cleaner A Novelty For New Customers?

2 weekly? They'd cream themselves!
Run was purchased with 2 weekly or 4 weekly cleans.I carried this on and new custys are happy to follow in same area.Find monthly cleans windows pretty dirty,6 weekly windows must be stinking I dont think I would do this.However run is underpriced and WHEN I put prices up things could change

And how are you picking these customers up?
Flyers, mainly. Some that I've flyered are good tbh, you just hold your breath when you go back for your money waiting for the 'can we go 6/8 weekly.'

Must be the recession, but why hire someone if you're skint?

Flyers, mainly. Some that I've flyered are good tbh, you just hold your breath when you go back for your money waiting for the 'can we go 6/8 weekly.'Must be the recession, but why hire someone if you're skint?
Or WFP is doing too good a job :)

The customer is the one who hands you the money. Its up to them when you clean the windows, any other point of view is nieve in these economic times. Whatever they want, that's fine by me.

At the final analysis probably at least half of the customers you pick up will not work out for the long term. In a years time you will be lucky if you still have a third of them but its a process of consolidation and weeding out. The more you pick up the more you end up keeping but you still earn a few bob along the way from the messers. And its a good lesson in life spotting the signs and dealing with the excuses

Lots of people have short attention spans, its a bit of a novelty when they start but then they have to keep paying and they lose interest. Others are just plain difficult.

Its like the new car, first couple of Sundays they are out there cleaning it, then it stops

Generally the ones that have new posh cars & live in big houses are more often than not tight arses too :Image13:

Being flexiable helps generate extra income too.

As an example whilst I was out this morning my mobile seemed to be going none stop with ppl wanting adhoc and one-off cleans .

One lady called to ask if I could clean the exterior windows of her rented semi.as was moving out by 1:30 today but she forgot to book a window cleaner. Windows had never been cleaned in at least 3 years as building firms where still buiding homes in the new estate so they never bothered to get them cleaned.

left property in pic (4 windows) at front

View attachment 3248

right property in pic (4 windows) at rear

View attachment 3249

As it happend I was close by so was an easy extra £40 (1 hour work) to deep clean properly including frames & sills. Job done! :Image9:

I have a lot of 2 weekly compact custies, not sure if I want to share my secret tho lol

& also most would prob have me weekly if I wanted
tell us or we wont believe you :Image10:

the thing that fecks me off is the ones that want a text then let you turn up to say no, I politely tell them they have just cost me money and could they be more constderate, I don't care if I lose them.

Biggest messers for me are the ones I've picked up just lately. Excuses are,

We agree every 8 weeks and after I clean the first time she says she'll ring when she wants them done again.

Agree 4 weekly and get text at 11pm saying go to 6 weekly.

Can you come on 13th July, instead of yesterday as having work done on house and it will finish on 10th July, b/s.

Agree a 4 weekly clean 10 weeks ago, still not been able to clean as she's waiting for a quote for some pointing to be done.

Having work done in garden, can you leave it 2 weeks. Get there, same garden.

I thought we agreed 4 weekly. We did agree 4 weekly. Why are you here after 3 weeks. ERM it's 4 weeks since last clean.

Starting to lose my patience with some of em!
And another new one cancels via text tonight. 3 cleans, pain in the **** to catch her in for payment, prob spent more in diesel chasing the dough than I earnt.
All my new ones seem to be loonys. Lol got a feeling another 3 time clean is going to cancel this week. You just know don't ya lads!

Very strange as my established customers are fine.

Nowt q ueer as folk haha

We used to have these problems to the point i dreaded certain parts of the round.

Firstly we dropped the 50 most annoying/bad paying/arkward customers.

We started texting or ringing everyone the day before asking to leave money out, if they ask to leave it this time twice we dropped them, if they failed to leave money out they get another text sayibg will collect tonight.

Our round is now full of good happy customers who mostly leave money out each month. We also offer 4, 8, and 12 weekly, the average 12 weekly price is 40-50

and as someone said earlier, we have just started charging £10 extra on first cleans to cover the fact they may mess around with wgat they originally agree

Latest Posts

Back