Cleaning Tiled Roofs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by The Gutter Goblin, Sep 10, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hi Guys,

I am always being asked if I can clean roof's but am only a one man operation so politely decline - H&S and all that!

However, there could be some good money here - does anyone clean roof's safely on their own and using what equipment?

Seen this below for £1400+.

http://www.jet-wash-direct.co.uk/pressurewashers/roof-cleaning.html

Does anyone own one? Are they any good?

Advertisement
  2. nwcs

nwcs Forum Addict

Looks interesting. Dont look too safe like and carrying that thing up and down a ladder dont look to safe and what happens if rope snaps or you drop it.......lol

I know there are some that pressure wash roofs on here and if your using a roof ladder would be alot safer then lumping that up a roof.

I was watching something on tv a few months ago about ppl been riped off by door step conmen offering roof cleaning.

there had a man from the federation of builder in the studio saying roofs shouldn't be pressure washed at all........

Ive cleaned moss off a couple and just uses a scraper and stiff brush.....

3. Window Cleaning Rayleigh

Window Cleaning Rayleigh Well-Known Member

I've done a couple but not by using a pressure washer as it'll do more damage than good unless you're going to seal it after, I've just used a roof ladder and scraper. Just the job but doesn't make it look as pretty as if you used a pressure washer I guess!!

4. mark m

mark m Hero

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've cleaned moss the old school way on quite a few ground floor tiled roofs.

However I'm no roofer so for two storey roofs would pass work on to roofers I know. Simples...

6. nwcs

nwcs Forum Addict

Nice video mark. Shame about the sound trac lol

Thats how ive done it. Takes hours but on a nice sunny day its ok

7. Thanks for the replies - have scraped/vacuumed a few porches and low level extensions myself from a ladder/platform.

I'm not sure I like going up a ladder and transferring to a roof ladder and vice versa! Scaffold tower may be the answer - another new toy.......... :Image7:

Advertisement