Cleaning Up Cloths And Equipment After A Job?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by buzzing, Dec 14, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

i just cleaned all the fascias and this arch shaped thing on a bungalow with sponge and sill cloths using the unger jaw thingee on my extension pole they are filthy, so I brought them all into my kitchen filled up the bucket with water and washing powder for clothes and handwashed them, is the right thing to do? I mean are there things on the cloths which are bad for your health if you put your hands in the water with them? The fascias were filthy. I then hung them on my workmate to dry. At the top of the arch shaped fascia thingee there was a broken plastic electrical box with a wire leading to the electrical line for the electrics. I was worried to wash too close to this with the sponge incase I electrified myself!

Advertisement
  2. Joe

Joe Active Member

Put them in a washing machine as you have been told before buddy

3. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I tend to hand wash mine most of the time so I don't get grit in washing machine, only put em in there every now and again.

4. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

Washing machine should be fine,

Dodger no need to worry about grit staying in their, if rinsed properly the machine should be left clean.

I was all sorts in mine and its always clean, including: muddy football kit, my Wc stuff and reusable nappies...... And there is never any sh1t on my clothes lol

5. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I know it shouldn't Dave but it's brand new and more worried about the missus's wrath than actual grit lol.

Ya should hear her moanin about my pump, pole, wet cloths and 100 litres of water in downstairs loo. How am I supposed to know how she is supposed to have a pee in there I'm a bloke i don't sit down I aim lol.

6. CNS-southwest

Lol dodger

Women......

7. stevelewis

stevelewis Forum Addict

just stick em in your machine with a clothes wash, will be fine mate

8. CNS-southwest

Just re read DON'T USE POWDER it will leave grains In the cloths, just use washing up fluid and put on an extra rinse once finished, otherwise your cloths will not be as absorbant

9. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

There is all sorts left on sponge and sill coths- leaves, twigs etc as well just dirt, should I throw them in washing machine like that? Can I throw sponge in washing machine as well?

Also, can you get anything harmful to your health off fascia or sofitts etc? Asbestos or something, that was another reason I worried about handwashing, but I am a bit of a hydrochondriac.

10. CNS-southwest

It will be fine in the machine mate believe me. Small twigs will be ok, bigger ones should be plucked off

Advertisement